(WBO 2015) CAT Bike (COMPLETED!)

Mar 26, 2012
Fairless Hills, PA
I just received the Workman frame I ordered from "ind-chuckz" in the SALVAGE YARD. It will be my second bike in the WBO-2015. This one may get finished before "My Girlfriends Bike". I have some cool plans for this one. I have had parts for this rollin in while I was waiting it's arrival. The ,26 X 2.125- 12G, wheels I ordered direct from Husky Bikes and mounted DURO tires.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2012
Fairless Hills, PA
I got some ratted out eyes for the CAT in the mail today. These were pretty cheap and will be static only as they are 12V sealed beams. If I come across a different pair that I can use with batteries I may change them out. I'll have break the tabs that hold the lights so I can turn them in the bezel since they are going to be mounted sideways. They will get mounted on the left and right side of the forks at the top strut mounting bolts. Once I get them cleaned up and painted I post a picture of them on the bike.

Reactions: metalchewy
Sealed beam lights can be retro fitted to led!

There are two ways I have seen on here, one person (sorry I can't remember who) removed the elecrical tabs and used a glass drill to very slowly drill through the raised nubs and glued two leds directly into the holes.

I did it a bit different, removing a slice from the rear the same size as a cheap led light, using a diamond tipped blade on an angle grinder, very slowly...

Works great!

Luke.

Mar 26, 2012
Fairless Hills, PA
Sealed beam lights can be retro fitted to led!

There are two ways I have seen on here, one person (sorry I can't remember who) removed the elecrical tabs and used a glass drill to very slowly drill through the raised nubs and glued two leds directly into the holes.

I did it a bit different, removing a slice from the rear the same size as a cheap led light, using a diamond tipped blade on an angle grinder, very slowly...

Works great!

Luke.
Ahhhhhhha! I'll have to give that a try! Thanks!

Reactions: LukeTheJoker
Jul 1, 2014
Las Vegas Area
The leds set that I used in the mbbo , I powered with 4 2032's and two 2032 holders all wired together serially. I thought of uaing two 12c batteries in parallel, but didn't have the battery holders for 12c readily available...

Reactions: roadwarrior
Mar 26, 2012
Fairless Hills, PA
I worked a little bit on the bike today. Most of my day was spent with the girlfriend as I'm sure most everyone else has been spending time with their significant other today.
The plastic chain guard that comes with the bike has "WORKSMAN CYCLES" on it across the side. I was not liking that so I cut it out and also cut a B-B-Q grill aluminum perforated sheet to fill the void. I like this better. I used 2 stainless steel screws and some 5 minute epoxy to mount it. I am going to paint it black.

Last edited:
Reactions: metalchewy