warming up

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure why it is just happening to me. Maybe I'm high on how many pictures I have posted. I saw a couple weird things like on Camerons post where it said too many people are viewing a picture. I think Photobucket and the others I tried are all affiliated. I may look for another one that is a little more obscure and see if they do it too.

Hey Skip its good to hear from you. Hope your doing ok. Been a while.

I just uploaded this file to your PB account and posted it here...

DSC_0147.jpg

Ok this is with my Canon. Still not sure what is going on with picture size.

IMG_0317.jpg

Thanks Chuck. I guess I have forgotten stuff. I had to redo the neck because it didn't have enough rake....then the chain hit the bottom of the chain stays. Had to cut the droupouts off and build another set that were lower. I got it all put together and was going to do a test ride and it starts raining. Well Merry Christmas to everybody.

DSCF0001-80.jpg

Building these looptail triangles is kinda hard. You need to know a bunch of dimensions to make it work.
The tightest 180 degree bend my bender will do in 5 1/4'' . That is pretty wide for a triangle. Most of the
bikes I have built before were somewhere around 4'' and they could take a 3'' wide tire easy enough.
With it 5 1/4'' wide inside even a big tire has a bunch of extra space. I think I can cut an inch out of the middle
and it would look better. Doing a parallel tube to the chain stay makes the chain hit the bottom or if you
lower it enough to clear it, then your bike is going to sit fairly high. This is still in the checking out what will work
and what won't. I have made more mistakes on this build than any I have done before. Its really close to being a pile of scrap.
The only reason I don't cut it up is, I'm using it to figure out all the mistakes and try not to make them again.

Gdcast said:
Dazzling as always Uncle!

Thanks Gdcast Maybe I can get it to look like something.

Yeah Clancy if my fab buddie is around when I need him then maybe my frames will look better :oops:

Wow, quite a build! Are you gonna reinforce the seat post with a gusset or anything? If not you probably should, especially with that much leverage on it. My last boardtracker I made has seat post like that MAYBE about 3/4's that size almost 1/2, good steel, overwelded, and at a stronger angle than that and its already trying to bend on me :oops: and I only weigh 165!! :| So I'm trying to hurry up and find a good piece of steel to maybe gank from my bad neighbors yard to make a gusset out of. Just thought I'd bring that'n up, hate to see any unneeded oopsies happen to such a pretty bike.

SectionEightLife said:
Wow, quite a build! Are you gonna reinforce the seat post with a gusset or anything? If not you probably should, especially with that much leverage on it. My last boardtracker I made has seat post like that MAYBE about 3/4's that size almost 1/2, good steel, overwelded, and at a stronger angle than that and its already trying to bend on me :oops: and I only weigh 165!! :| So I'm trying to hurry up and find a good piece of steel to maybe gank from my bad neighbors yard to make a gusset out of. Just thought I'd bring that'n up, hate to see any unneeded oopsies happen to such a pretty bike.
I plan to do a 1/4 rod hoop to reinforce it. I'm not sure where it needs to be just yet. Bought a new truck and am trying to get over the excitment of it and the holidays to start building again.

DSCF0002-72.jpg

deorman said:
Uncle Stretch said:
Gonna try to dream up some cool stuff to do with some bent tubing
How 'bout lawn furniture :wink:

Maybe that is the direction I should take...a nice Hammock or an outdoor lazy boy out of 1'' tubing.

If youre gonna go down that road I wouldnt mind a rebar papasan while you're at it :wink:

But I was curious, do you know what color scheme your gonna go for with this thing? I really dig it.

I see you still have the RV trailer. Probably not a bad time of year to be using it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Man I have so much stuff going on , I have no idea when I can finish it. Its cool right now so painting is pretty much out.

Clancy I have put two of those class three trailer hitches on my vehicles and with this new truck it will be three. At three hundred a pop they are getting kinda expensive. I think we went once to Fredericksburg last year.
I think I'm going to sell the trailer and pass on being a big camper person. Would rather spend money on this new truck.

Latest posts

Back