Want to know more about the Identify of this JC Higgins girl bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It has a JC Higgins head badge, that's why I believe it is a JC Higgins bicycle. Other than the fender brackets that run parallel with the chain-guard, which I don't have, it doesn't have the frame or crank sprocket that I usually see on JC Higgins bikes.

Does anyone know how to identify what year it is or what manufacturer it might be?

Thanks for any help you may have.

Well, I guess I should have done this first. I Googled vintage bicycle sprocket, found an image of the one on this bicycle and that lead me to a ebay listing of a frame like this. Monark used this frame in the late 40's and early 50's. That's close enough, I now know what horn tank to look for.

This is going to be my donor bike for the RRBBO no.9!

A word of caution: I bought several different tanks for a ladies Higgins before I found the correct fit. Make sure that you positively identify your bike and ask seller for precise hole spacing measurements when purchasing a tank. This is a case where close isn't good enough. Besides wasting money, I had a hard time selling the extra tanks that I purchased.

Sears used many different companies for bikes over the years. Monark didn't make a whole lot of JCH's, though the bulk of them seem to be ealry-mid 50s. Through 1954, they used an aluminum ID plate riveted to the BB, they year can usually be dated by the serial #. This bike takes a different chain guard than other JCH's, about the same as a Monark Rocket. -Adam

Sears used many different companies for bikes over the years. Monark didn't make a whole lot of JCH's, though the bulk of them seem to be ealry-mid 50s. Through 1954, they used an aluminum ID plate riveted to the BB, they year can usually be dated by the serial #. This bike takes a different chain guard than other JCH's, about the same as a Monark Rocket. -Adam

Thanks Rustinkerer! It still has the ID plate. Do you know how to identify the year by the numbers in the serial no.?

Latest posts

Back