wannabee 26" bmx cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whick color tires should i go with

• YELLOW

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • PURPLE

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i wanted another more practical bike to ride other than the board track style Hiawatha i built last. considering I'm over 6'3" the low seat and bars are hard on the knees for more than a ten minute ride. i decided to put together a wannabee bmx cruiser with a next to nothing budget. i started with a women's Schwinn cruiser i bought off Craigslist for $10. I then bought a haro frame and other junk for 25 and took the 3pc. crank for my build then sold the rest for $30 lol. I'm gonna go with some white bmx bars and paint the crank white also. I'm trying to decide if i want to buy yellow tires which was the original plan but also considering purple, what do you guys think? i also thought of a problem with the painted white rims, if i run hand brakes it will probably rub off the cheap rustoleum paint unless you guys have come up with a solution i may just have to stick with the coaster brake :roll:
5Id5Fa5Mb3K13G33Jbc864b0cc1da02aa1582.jpg

IMG_20120816_172725.jpg

IMG_20120823_205659.jpg

BillyZ said:
Looks really good! Why not repaint it hot pink?
considered it but didn't want to go to feminine lol. i actually planned to paint neon green but couldn't find the color i wanted at the store so i got impatient and used paint i already had lying around.

i ended up going with yellow tires because i couldn't find purple ones i liked. now im just waiting for them to be delivered.

sluginxlt said:
BillyZ said:
Looks really good! Why not repaint it hot pink?
considered it but didn't want to go to feminine lol. i actually planned to paint neon green but couldn't find the color i wanted at the store so i got impatient and used paint i already had lying around.
Ignore the haters it looks good in pink but the tires wouldn't go :D

Nice, frame turned out great! Don't know what to tell you on color, i've had color block here lately and can't decide what to put on about 3 builds I've been working on. :?

shes getting there, painted some old dyno handle bars and painted the top clamp of the dyno stem with purple metalcast paint to look anodized. just need to get that old coaster wheel back together and trued. Ill get better pictures when its all together just figured id check in with some kind of update.
IMG_20120901_124525.jpg

You should get a single purple tire would look sick.
powdercoat or rattle can the paint looks good and the anodized looks convincing.
3rd edit-my royal enfield had gold sprayed rims and it lasted a year and a half where the brakes touch.

finally finished and took her for a spin around the block, rides good! This is the first bike I've ridden that feels like it fits me being almost 6'4" lol.
IMG_20120903_145056.jpg

IMG_20120903_145037.jpg

IMG_20120903_144217.jpg

IMG_20120903_144210.jpg

IMG_20120903_172754.jpg

might be a few changes later on, i really wanted to use a 3pc. crank but i got impatient so i just used the one from the dyno that the handle bars and stem also came from. And not sure how long that home bent seat post will hold up my 260 lbs lol. im excited to get some miles on this thing.

Latest posts

Back