Walmart FatBikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cuan said:
kingfish254 said:
Man, I think you bent your front forks already!!! :mrgreen: :D :shock:

* Please tell me you realize that the fork/stem is backwards. :!:

I just had to assemble it in the classic w@lmart style with the backwards fork for a picture. :D

I like it better. :shock: :mrgreen:

Ha! You actually had me going for a second there! Good one!

I completely disassembled my bike and repacked the bearings with grease and properly adjusted the bearings. It's fun to ride around and it rides great over the gravel portion of my driveway. I threw some apes on, but they aren't as tall and cool as Kingfish's.

I had an issue when I took it out for a ride, my hub squeals/howls pretty good when I apply the brakes. Is anybody else having this issue? Do the brakes just need to break-in?

Some KT hubs do that. Poor quality control. I don't know if any has figured out a way to silence it. You might try new guts (at least brake shoes) from another KT hub.

I have the brake howl also. I'm waiting on my 20 tooth sprocket to tear it down and check it out.

UPS made me come to them but BIGFOOT is here, these tires/wheels are stupid :lol: I love how they put the smallest wheel reflector ever on the wheels too :mrgreen:

straight out of the box and pushed to the side for now. I think the front wheel is backwards now that I look at the pic too.

IMG_7594_zps7cf11d76.jpg

Congrats. I am really looking forward to BF. You should paint the rims white and make some inserts that make the wheels look solid like Bigfoot rims.

Cuan said:
I had an issue when I took it out for a ride, my hub squeals/howls pretty good when I apply the brakes. Is anybody else having this issue? Do the brakes just need to break-in?

This might be worth a shot? If it stops squeal on a car's disk brakes maybe it would do the same for a coaster hub?
7040066_crc_05017_pri_larg.jpg

kingfish254 said:
Congrats. I am really looking forward to BF. You should paint the rims white and make some inserts that make the wheels look solid like Bigfoot rims.

I think I can knock out decals and lettering the tires pretty easy ... I've also got our laundry room half way torn apart at home, entertaining the 3 year old's this weekend, will be at church all day Sunday and I need to get our yard plowed up graded and seeded soon too ... I would also like to do some bike riding too in there. :lol:

I was hoping the "white" wheels were actually a bit whiter than they are. Those apes you guys are posting look awesome on these bikes. I think BIGFOOT might need some chrome though ... :|

Yes, I have the same set reserved for another bike, but I might get another for my beast if I don't find the crank arms I need.

dracothered said:
Would this crankset work on the beast and could I just take off the two chain rings I don't want to use?

Shimano FC-M361, 170-mm 42/32/22T
Crankset%201.jpg

should work. make sure the chainline matches up and get some single speed chainring bolts :)

That's basically what I used for Fugsley. I just removed the larger ring. You just won't be able to use the crank axle bolts. Use the axle nuts that came with the Beast.

54.jpg

If you could find another way for brakes, you could put a derailler on it and make it a 3 speed.

Latest posts

Back