Walmart FatBikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kingfish254 said:
But we all would have died from Tire Fume Poisoning in the cabin.

No kidding! What's the deal with the hazardous waste/eye-burning rubber smell coming off those tires??? :shock:
I had to put the bike out in the warehouse because it was stinking up the whole office! :?

Bill in Houston said:
Stinking up? Bite your tongue. We're going to revoke your man card.
:D

Wait until you get yours. The fumes on those tires are unreal.

Bill in Houston said:

Ha! :mrgreen:
And yeah, just wait - you will NOT believe that much stink can come from one bike. I thought my dog had bad out-gassing problems.... :wink:

True That!

The only way that my shop quit smelling like rubber is that the neighbor gave me 2 new 15'x15' rolls of carpet, so now I have that new carpet smell in my shop, but with a keen sniffer you can still pick out the tire smell.

Rat Rod said:
That's cool about the double boxing. Maybe FedEx got on to them because they were tired of retaping the bottoms of all those boxes!

I think that seat looks awesome on there....just need a layback post now. :wink:

Yeah, now I'm thinking I'm kind of glad I got mine on the "second wave". :wink:
I just saw your post about those posts (did I just repeat myself???), and that looks like a must-have. Very cool product. 8)

Hammond Eggz said:
Bill in Houston said:

Ha! :mrgreen:
And yeah, just wait - you will NOT believe that much stink can come from one bike. I thought my dog had bad out-gassing problems.... :wink:
The box even stunk like the tires because of them being in it. Had the box in the house a day longer than the bike and when you went pass it you could smell the rubber factory coming from it. :mrgreen:

Maybe the build name should be StinkRay

Would be interesting to know how many of these Beast bikes have been sold to forum members.

MazdaFlyer said:
Would be interesting to know how many of these Beast bikes have been sold to forum members.
Got my second one today!

Bill in Houston said:
ha ha ha haaaa, i will take y'all's word for it. I better make a spot in the shed to put the tires while they air out. :)
My second one doesn't seem to smell as much, though I may be used to it by now :)

Rat Rod said:
I must be weird...I like the smell of new tires :)
Weird also, when we used to go to SAMs, I'd always have to walk through the tire stack area for a tire high.

MazdaFlyer said:
Weird also, when we used to go to SAMs, I'd always have to walk through the tire stack area for a tire high.

Yeah, my kids go with me to Discount sometimes and when we walk in they all say...ewww...it stinks in here!

I'm sitting there taking huge deep breaths and they think I'm nuts. :lol:

I ordered my on the 29th, and it finally showed up today. I was out of town all last week, so I had it shipped to the store. I didn't want to ship it to my house and have it arrive when I was out of town. I also wanted to inspect it in the store and return it if it was beat up too bad. It arrived safe to the store, but not home. My wife wasn't too happy when I got home late from work tonight with a new bike in the back of the truck. This is actually the first brand new bike that I have purchased in about 14 years. I'm not too excited about the red, but it will get painted some day.

I'm suprised how close the front tire is to my feet and how much it rubs on the frame. :shock:

DSCF1297.jpg

Cuan said:
I ordered my on the 29th, and it finally showed up today. I was out of town all last week, so I had it shipped to the store. I didn't want to ship it to my house and have it arrive when I was out of town. I also wanted to inspect it in the store and return it if it was beat up too bad. It arrived safe to the store, but not home. My wife wasn't too happy when I got home late from work tonight with a new bike in the back of the truck. This is actually the first brand new bike that I have purchased in about 14 years. I'm not too excited about the red, but it will get painted some day.

I'm suprised how close the front tire is to my feet and how much it rubs on the frame. :shock:

DSCF1297.jpg
Turn your fork around

Man, I think you bent your front forks already!!! :mrgreen: :D :shock:

* Please tell me you realize that the fork/stem is backwards. :!:

kingfish254 said:

I just had to assemble it in the classic w@lmart style with the backwards fork for a picture. :D

Cuan said:
kingfish254 said:

I just had to assemble it in the classic w@lmart style with the backwards fork for a picture. :D
And here I thought a wally world employee got a hold of it and put it together for you. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back