BO15 WAHA-SEDB-3 (TRIKE-TOR...2nd Place)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No new bike bike work. Exploring a layback seat-post idea.
My old original particle board top on the Black and Decker work stand had deteriorated due to sitting out in weather.
2baa057e2726c6c17dd167b13a7623ab.jpg

So it went in trash.
I picked up a 2x6x4’ piece of piece of pressure treated pine. I used the original polymer mounting pieces and bolts, added a screw to each mount. With a few new holes I have a like new top ready to be abused again.
f2e205eeffee4d151dbf94c6473433f3.jpg

69399900d022e05ab2f5aaae62887de9.jpg

3136e3d4f3412bdc0d74eaab01f8ff04.jpg

acec1f047ed029c6552592f6b39efdcb.jpg

Another view of Trike-Tor
e4e093f8edbd8693d630acb518a75125.jpg

Last edited:
Ordered a mild layback 13/16” post.
48f9fe93112b40d32379dc9a5648cecf.jpg

A few different angles and views.
324f2c86a65a967a57ed5e0e0fac5079.jpg

baac3024582c53b4eb80ecbf18895c4c.jpg

4b81e3a55659adfe7a6f4406777f2dbd.jpg

f32cb5b9df316cf19dd527a91da907d8.jpg

Hey, could we get a photo of you sitting on Trike-Tor? I'm curious as to rider position on here. Tempt your wife with take-out from that favorite Mexican place of yours to get her to take a couple shots.

Hey, could we get a photo of you sitting on Trike-Tor? I'm curious as to rider position on here. Tempt your wife with take-out from that favorite Mexican place of yours to get her to take a couple shots.
And you better be wearing a red and white checked shirt, overalls, and a straw hat!:bigsmile:

Been following this from the beginning, just sensational...
Hey thanks, been a long furrow so far.
Yes, I’ve been procrastinating on a ride video based on the moving the seat back some. I guess some static photos would be easy and in order. We went for curbside pickup pizza today so maybe that would work as the incentive.
very cool :thumbsup:
Thanks!
And you better be wearing a red and white checked shirt, overalls, and a straw hat!:bigsmile:
I do have a straw hat, but no checkered shirt or overalls. I guess I do have some braces.
Man that's killer
Glad you like it, thanks for checking in.

Last edited:
I’m going to add a couple of BA15S LED bulbs to convert the 1156 running light incandescents. I’ve had good success using superbrightleds.com as a source in the past.
fdeabaa6209fbc9575d012b9e5335816.jpg

Comparison illustration photo.

Last edited:
We went to a couple of hardware stores to find the “Clean Shower” product we’d been using on our shower. It’s out of stock most places locally, eBay and Amazon are price gouging. Found a few bottles so we’re now hoarders. Picked up some Drive-through lunch and had short picnic at a park with small lake.
c330bfd6a9a7a36450025588416fb952.jpg

7f2a4ea3136f8ee5220e11de74767c42.jpg

60dc5e7feacb8ca3ddc350a362d301cf.jpg

807b9a2270a9681bb77c7645a482854d.jpg

Pre layback seat post...to be continued.
Do I make this Trike-Tor look small or does it make me look big?

Last edited:
Awesome!
But it seems so small. I know the David Bradley tractor wasn't any bigger than a large rototiller, but all the tractor talk and all, I sort of got to thinking the TrikeTor was nearly as big as a Ford 9N!
More Farmall Cub than Cub Cadet. LOL

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Agreed , Andy ^ . I didn't expect it to look that small either. But it does have 20" wheels in the front, right? (can't remember right now, too tired to look) I guess the length of it is what takes me back. The lay back post will get you a little more stretched out on the Trike-Tor.
The rest of the photo though, you, hat, jeans, Shockers T, beard :thumbsup: ; looks like you are ready to head out to the field.

Yes!! That thing is sweeeet!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s been a fun excessive project. Some new things learned along the way. Thanks for following along. Happy that you like it.

Awesome!
But it seems so small. I know the David Bradley tractor wasn't any bigger than a large rototiller, but all the tractor talk and all, I sort of got to thinking the TrikeTor was nearly as big as a Ford 9N!
More Farmall Cub than Cub Cadet. LOL

Small, maybe the pudgy old fart sitting on it makes it look that way. These old bike frames were made for kids though. It is long enough that it won’t fit in the back of my truck unless I takeout the storage box in bed. Then the tailgate would need to be down.
I’ve been contemplating bringing my trailer home to haul it a couple of places for a photo shoot...aka trailer queen.

Now you can add to your resume, "Yeah, I'm a cast iron Kohler too :dance2:". This build is rattin' at its best, taking something that has nothing to do with it and making it all about it. Sweeeeeet!

It’s been a fun excessive project. Some new things learned along the way. Thanks for following along. Happy that you like it.

Small, maybe the pudgy old fart sitting on it makes it look that way. These old bike frames were made for kids though. It is long enough that it won’t fit in the back of my truck unless I takeout the storage box in bed. Then the tailgate would need to be down.
I’ve been contemplating bringing my trailer home to haul it a couple of places for a photo shoot...aka trailer queen.
You must be pretty tall to throw your leg over a 26" boys bike with it standing straight up. At 5-6 or 5-7 some 26 inch "kids" bikes are a challenge for me to get on, let alone ride. LOL

Latest posts

Back