VW Bus bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This was a creation I built for the Coasters BC, Cardboard Box ride. It was also ridden in our Wichita Riverfest Sundown Parade that the Coasters BC participated in, which had a theme of "Get Your Groove On". With 1960s/70s theme I thought a VW hippie bus was a must. Check out the Cardboard Box ride and the Riverfest parade over in the events section, aka.Locojoe did a great job of taking pics and video.

We spent 2 weeks of spare time to build it and rode it probably 20 miles, with BIG SMILES,on our face and the faces of the people that seen it going down the street. Many people stopped or would slow down and take pictures, great fun.

There is a Vista Duo tandem inside the bus.
newyork019.jpg

Lora and I rode it in both events, then rode it to her grandmothers house where the bike was removed and the bus is being stored and converted in to a playhouse for Lora's granddaughters to enjoy.

Lora and here grandmother
vwbus010.jpg

Lora

vwbus009.jpg

I saw that in Randy's pics. Very nice job. Reminds me when we turned our S10 pickup into Viking Ship.

cman said:
I saw that in Randy's pics. Very nice job. Reminds me when we turned our S10 pickup into Viking Ship.

The Bus Bike is awesome, but I need to see this Viking Ship.

I did the same thing to my 89 Caprice Wagon for my epic Viking film I made as a student.

I need to find the pic and scan it in. We even were blaring Flight of the Valkeries.

I had to make that my background. My grand daughter is really into the green thing, so that gives me an idea, only using four wheels..

that is awesome. it was all good until the line dancing at the end.

Man that's cool! Slap some wings on it and enter the Red Bull Flugtag :p

That is just cool man! I can dig it.

Latest posts

Back