Voting, Schmoting

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm seeing a few threads and posts grousing about the voting, which is par for the course when you bring competition into things, I guess.

We all had to pick three out of 88 really amazing bikes. (Well, 87 amazing bikes and mine. :D) I couldn't vote for some bikes that I really, REALLY liked. So, I just wanted to say that I wouldn't turn down a ride on ANY of the bikes in this build-off, and in a lot of cases it might be touch-and-go whether the owner got the bike back or not! ;)

It was very difficult to pick just 3.
I voted for one because it fit my definition of rat rod, I voted for another because I thought it was just cooler than dang it and the third was one I would consider cutting the lock off is I saw it chained to a bike rack.
I wouldn't really do that,but you get the point.

I don't suppose it matters if it's something all rusty and cool like what iron dio built,or if it looks like a restoration like what Kingfish built. Everyone have their way of doing things.
All you have to do is look at the photos and see there are 88 amazing bikes,even yours noodlenoggin:thumbsup:

Everybody did an amazing job,whether it's a bunch of junk you bolted together or you had access to the newest high tech equipment.
We're just here to have a little fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Everybody did an amazing job,whether it's a bunch of junk you bolted together or you had access to the newest high tech equipment.
We're just here to have a little fun."

Now there's an opinion I can wholeheartedly endorse!:41: The bikes were all great builds in their own way...some were more rat, some were more show, some were more lowrider style.. and then we have the "other" class with things powered or air cooled.. (yes, I'm talking about a certain fan propelled bike..:thumbsup:)

I think its easier to pick when it is a certain bike type...like the MBBO or have we done for instance, a Huffy Cranbrook or Schwinn Stingray or (insert bike everyone can find here)Build Off yet??

It's like going to a car show and picking best of show....it's downright impossible.
I wish I had about 20 votes..I could narrow the choices down to 20, I think.

Agreed , it was tough this year. I usually try to stay away from the ones I believe at the time are leading the vote, but was blown away with Verboten this year and Motodrome ( can't remember exact name at moment) but the fabrication and design was nothing but spectacular. And the one other one I voted was 8 ply I really don't think it was on the radar as far as how wicked this bike really is all I know is I would take any of the build off bikes in a heartbeat.

This is the 1st year for me and I agree, I usually stay away from the top contenders as I feel they will do well on their own...But, Verboten was just so stinkin' cool and so much detail that it got my top vote. There are so many others that I couden't vote for that I thought were super cool bikes. Lots of talent on this site. Some of the bikes that are leaning more to the stock side of things also got my attention and the Edsel was just so clean and detailed that it inspired me to start thinking about doing a stocker for my youngest. You know it's a great job when something inspires you to do work..HAHAHAHAHA.

BART

Voting for a favorite is tough alright. Human beings' reactions to a rat bike is varied and unpredictable. You will find less emotion looking at the finished bike thread "likes". If you count up the "likes" in these threads, the bike with the most likes is usually different than the "winning" bike vote...weird..

Latest posts

Back