VOTE HERE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vote for the bike you like

• Mini Machine

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Lil' Fat Rat

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Ross Barracuda "Gt"

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Daredevil

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • The Baby Deluxe

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • Clunker 20

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • PhantomBantam

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • 20 or Less

Votes: 42 30.2%
  • Bob Ross Little Happy Muscle Bike

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Uncle Scram

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Transformer

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • Frantic Lowrider

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Bean Burrito

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Rachaels Stingray

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Josie's Skate Trike

Votes: 4 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mistake was not emailing people about putting their bikes in the finished bikes thread.

It looks like a few folks did finish early, but weren't on the forum every day so they didn't realize that there would be a finished bikes thread I guess.

I learned a lesson on that one...send out a mass email about the finished build thread.

As always...this is just for fun and the real prize is the cool bikes!

I know Puti, didn"t put his bike in the finnished forum. He got it done, but didnt know he had to post it there.

I finished early enough, I just screwed up on the finished bike posting date. For me, personaly, a revote would be swell and I don't see what the harm would be. I do seem to remember an email reminder at the end of the last (my first) build off. It's all for fun anyways so its not that important either way. Thank you to all the moderators for your hard work. A definite learning experience for all.

fsjaak said:
Puti said:
why is my bike not at the vote?

Excellent question :?:

Because you didn't put it in the Finished Bike thread. Only the bikes that were entered into the finished bike thread were entered into the poll. If you didn't check into the site on the final day of the competition you would not have known and I apologize for that oversight.

I will state again that this was an unofficial build off just for grins because some folks wanted an organized reason for building a bike. We agreed at the beginning that there weren't going to be any rules or voting...it was all just for fun. If folks are going to get torqued over this voting stuff I may just stop voting on future build offs altogether...it's not worth the anxiety and unfortunately it has a tendency to bring out the worst in people.

My reasoning for having build offs in the first place is not to create a bunch of competition...it's so that people can have fun building bikes and keeping track of their progress. It's fun to see what creative things people come up with and it's great to see folks end up with a really cool bike. In the best case scenarios, Dads and sons/daughters have fun together working on a project and spending time together.

So...I have decided to kill the voting for this by the end of the day today and whoever has the most votes gets the trophy. I will be creating a bike gallery for the finished kids bikes in the next few days.

Thanks again to everyone who participated...the bikes were AWESOME!

And remember....every day is a build off on this site. :wink:

THIS is exactly why there should only be one build-off per year. Period.
Steve, you're doing a GREAT job running this site, just keep it up!! People need to realize that you can't catch every little thing, even with the others helping out.

Rat Rod said:
fsjaak said:
Puti said:
why is my bike not at the vote?

Excellent question :?:

Because you didn't put it in the Finished Bike thread. Only the bikes that were entered into the finished bike thread were entered into the poll. If you didn't check into the site on the final day of the competition you would not have known and I apologize for that oversight.

I will state again that this was an unofficial build off just for grins because some folks wanted an organized reason for building a bike. We agreed at the beginning that there weren't going to be any rules or voting...it was all just for fun. If folks are going to get torqued over this voting stuff I may just stop voting on future build offs altogether...it's not worth the anxiety and unfortunately it has a tendency to bring out the worst in people.

My reasoning for having build offs in the first place is not to create a bunch of competition...it's so that people can have fun building bikes and keeping track of their progress. It's fun to see what creative things people come up with and it's great to see folks end up with a really cool bike. In the best case scenarios, Dads and sons/daughters have fun together working on a project and spending time together.

I'm all for that. It's just a hoot to build and see what others are doing. The hardest part of the whole deal is voting. Lets just build'em and ride'em.

So...I have decided to kill the voting for this by the end of the day today and whoever has the most votes gets the trophy. I will be creating a bike gallery for the finished kids bikes in the next few days.

Thanks again to everyone who participated...the bikes were AWESOME!

And remember....every day is a build off on this site. :wink:

Excellent! The best part is just sharing the builds :p . The hardest part is the vote :x Let's just build'em and cruise 8)

Hey Steve "relax". ....I had a ball doing this build. All I know is that I spoke to a "BUYER" this morning, PhantomBantam may have a new home, and that's because of you and this site! THANKS!..........There were a lot of amazing bikes, and of course besides mine, I had a few favorites (actually I loved EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM)......Thanks again Steve! :D

Always terrific ideas giving terrific bikes on RRB.

Only one vote but cheers to all of you.

images

It was cool viewing the progress of everybody's bikes! When it came down to it, I couldn't decide which to vote for. All in all, a great time! When's the next build?!!

steve
do what you feel is best
i've been there and done that one too many times
it seems like there is always something with this dart league
i throw on(lose people,players cheating,whole teams quiting,on and on)
sometimes i wonder if it is worth it but we keep on chugging

i've allready got my award

me and pappy(new to the site) went for a ride monday night
i took my Baby Deluxe and pappy was on his dyno crusier
we had a group of kids(mabye 6 to 8 years old)stop us and ask
about our bikes
they asked a lot of questions and told us they were KOOL :D
this sort of thing makes me all giddy inside
this sort of award just keeps on giving

steve you do good work
and yes i've said it before
steve thanks for the home :D :D :D
please don't even think about giving this site up
it's way too kool
we'll all try to behave
won't we

ponytailmike
mike

all of you who built the bikes did a wonderfull job. you all shoud get 1st place. that was hard to choose from. lets not get our feelings hurt as this is all in fun. i believe everyone who looked at your bikes has the same feelings. great job all around. now lets get to the next build off, have fun an we can all show everybody what we like an how we do it. this is a great family here an i for one am glad to be here with all of you. God bless to all.

Outlaw :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back