VOTE HERE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vote for the bike you like

• Mini Machine

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Lil' Fat Rat

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Ross Barracuda "Gt"

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Daredevil

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • The Baby Deluxe

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • Clunker 20

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • PhantomBantam

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • 20 or Less

Votes: 42 30.2%
  • Bob Ross Little Happy Muscle Bike

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Uncle Scram

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Transformer

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • Frantic Lowrider

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Bean Burrito

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Rachaels Stingray

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Josie's Skate Trike

Votes: 4 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That trophy was cool :mrgreen:

Lots of great stuff! I couldn't decide what criteria to make my decision with. Rachel's bike is flawless while some have tons of fab work and engineering. Should I try and look at it from a 10 year olds perspective? In the end I voted for 20 or less simply because its the bike I would most like to own. It didn't hurt that the craftsmanship was so well executed. Thanks to all for the inspiration.

man that was hard everyone had some pretty nice bikes, but at the end i had to go w/ transformer bike. good job!

Seeing that some confusion exists on how the entries were included, would it be a PITA to just extend the entry deadline for another week or so?

Wouldn't all the bikes that had build records be included whether or not they were completed? Or did the builders have to somehow reaffirm their submissions?

Worst case, we SHOULD pick ONE winner. This isn't pee wee baseball where there's no losers.

Just my 2 pennys.

Spin

Alll were very cool 20 or less gets my vote for no. 1 with MINI MACHINE with a very close 2nd. Great job guys and girls. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET bikes. I am impressed with your builds. Whens yhe next build off ???? Bartleydad

A good job to all that participated.
the one that made my eyes open and get a grinch smile was
sensor's 20 or less

lil old school with lil new school. right on bro

i gotta say
all the bikes turned out awsome
i'm thinking that everyone is a winner

even the one's that didn't get completed
i know they will

congrats to all that entered this build off

ponytailmike
mike

I have to say congratulations to all of the builders - no matter who ends up with what votes.

As Steve mentioned, this originally started out as a fun build with no prizes and no voting. So just a chance to build a bike for the sake of building one and watch others as they went through their builds. No holds barred. No limitations other than wheel size. No major competition. Just a fun build. So based on that, we all won - just by participating.

The voting is just extra - and a way to let those who came up with an exceptional bike know that lots of others liked it. And the fact that you see lots of comments saying how hard it was to actually pick a "best" bike proves again that they were all great bikes.

It's amazing to scroll down through the pictures of the finished bikes and see that many nice bikes - and that many different styles, colors, etc.

Burrito bikes, kids trikes, larger trikes, cruiser style bikes, Stingray style bikes, homebuilt frames, modified frames, etc. Just an amazing bunch of work and ideas overall.

So again, congratulations to all of the participants of this build off - even those who did not complete their bikes on time but at least joined in on the fun.

I know I missed the deadline, but it's no big deal. Here is how my bike turned out. I just hope my nephew likes it. His b-day is Sat.

Steve, thanks for adding my old pic to your finished bikes post.

Here is a link to my finished thread with all the pics

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7230

and an overall pic

2490289527_55239dd6df.jpg

There are some awesome bikes in this build. My son's had a blast watching the build culminate to where it is now. By viewing the other entries we've discovered he has a taste for the flat trackers and straight bar style frames, so guess what were building soon. You've all help plant a seed here and as his riding pics show (he was singing in those photos) he's happy with that bike. Thanks to all who participated for the positive experience.

What fun!! They all look good. Shame we can only vote once.

1st off...
Really nice bikes everyone. It's amazing how much work were put in to these bikes even though you probably won't be riding them.
Thanks Steve for managing this. Moving threads, creating poll etc...

Now my 2 cents...
If it's a "build off" there needs to be voting or judging. You may go bowling for fun once a year but I bet you keep score. It's friendly competition. Without voting or judging at the end I really don't see the purpose for a declared "build off".
There doesn't always have to be a prize. Bragging rights alone are great.

:D :D

So would everyone like for me to delete this thread and start the voting over completely?

I don't care one way or the other...yall just let me know. :D

"...So would everyone like for me to delete this thread and start the voting over completely..."

Given the loosey-goosey nature of the rules (as I've already broke one), I'd state the following:

1) For all you procrastinators who didn't get their builds in on time - you have til Sunday (18th) night at 6 pm EST to get 'em in . No ifs, ands or buts, this really really is the final cut off. Gotta show tough love to the Rats. They can take it - they're Rats after all.

2) Let the new voiting begin on Monday the 19th and let it run for a few days.

3) One vote per registered member.

4) One winner, one trophy

Seems fair to me.

Spin

i think it is pretty clear who is going to win this thing, re-vote or not. i could go either way. i guess you could create a poll within a poll...

For Example....

Please Pick one:

-Stay the Same
-Re-Vote
-Undecided
-Obama
-Clinton

personally i say leave it. the rules were already stated and everyone agreed to them and built their bikes to the rules that were set. as with all the build offs there is a cut off time to have the bike done i can tell you when i was building the ratty truck i made sure it was done a few days in advance so that i would have time to do the final pics and then sit back for a min before the voting. the only way i could see resetting the voting would be if the last two bikes WERE entered before the deadline and if steve had setup the voting BEFORE the deadline. if the two bikes were entered late then sorry thats how it goes.

I feel sorry for the people that couldnt make the build off dateline but I feel we should leave everything as is. I dont think we nead to revote, theres no nead to overcomplicate things. Thats what I like about these build offs, they're one of the few things in life thats plain, simple, uncomplicated fun.

But if you guys decide to extend the dateline, and revote, its being fair to the guys that couldnt make it, and I say go for it.

Correct me if I am wrong didn't the build off technically end Sunday night at 12:00 or Monday morning, which ever one you want to call it? Thats the way it is stated later on in the first kids build thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back