VOTE HERE! - OFFICIAL B.O. VOTE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Select your 3 favorite bikes!

• 1. 1951 CwC custom flat tracker - G-Matt

Votes: 22 9.4%
  • 2. 26" muscle/cruiser - topnotchisx

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 3. 37 Elman Streamline Deluxe - Waldo Jeffers

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • 4. '39 Red-Balloons - Rory

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • 5. 8-ply - deven_science

Votes: 17 7.3%
  • 6. Artemus - Falstaff

• 7. Autumnic Dog - Sharmangsaurusrex

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • 8. Awe10Shun - 2dawgs

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • 9. Beer Boy Delivery - OddJob

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • 10. Billy Bobber "Phantom X" - billy bob customs

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • 11. Bultaco Flat Tracker - Portland Rob

• 12. cafe racer - HuffDaddy

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • 13. Classic rat renamed TRAVELLAR - g-ratter

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 14. Columbia Convertible Commuter - The Renaissance Man

Votes: 28 12.0%
  • 15. Compax Traveler - Dan Hampton

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 16. Da BLABBERMOUTH - Jake Sensi

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 17. Da Brat aka Chameleon - seangee

• 18. Daddy Long Legs - boro

• 19. Der Boten Baron/Felt Red Baron - rydr1

• 20. Destino Flyer - karfer67

Votes: 17 7.3%
  • 21. Earl Grey - kingsting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 22. Edsel Corsair - scrumblero

• 23. El Chango Laton (That Funky Monkey) - gowjobs

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • 24. El Dinero - cherrydeuce

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • 25. Eliminator - Scribble

• 26. EvansColson-special commander - MazdaFlyer

• 27. Fat trooper - Metal///DIY

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • 28. Fenix - fordsnake

Votes: 45 19.3%
  • 29. Fire arrow - idiotboy

• 30. Firestone Super Klunker - joel.romeo.79

• 31. Flameliner - MrLeghorn

• 32. Gasser - horsefarmer

• 33. Geneva - American Vintage Bicycle Supply

• 34. Gentleman's Indian cycle - Pushie Pirate

• 35. Get-R-Done - tvc15

• 36. Growler Grabber - kim_dude

• 37. Helen A. Handbasket - Heavy Pedal

• 38. HellCamino - nateyboy

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • 39. Hot Fun In the Summertime - Jane Says

• 40. Hot Rod Chopper - 65rat

• 41. Huffman BareFlyte - Dr.Tankenstein

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • 42. Immaculate Deception - brett4christ

• 43. Janky - texasbigjohn

• 44. Jinxed - kensmurray

• 45. Jukadi - us56456712

• 46. Junk Crafted HIGGINS - MONARKofSoCal

• 47. Krazy Horse - KempRacing

• 48. Lady Snake - karl

• 49. Las Ditch F4T - IronDio

• 50. Liberty - bikedudeomaha

• 51. Low Buck Lady Layback - Ogre

• 52. M*A*S*H 4077th - kowalski385

• 53. Middle Child - noodlenoggin

• 54. Mint Trip - Pedal_Junky

• 55. MixFiT - Vin-New

• 56. MotoDromo Special 11 - jasper87

Votes: 32 13.7%
  • 57. Murican Flyer - hammer mechanic

• 58. Nes Quick - darren orange

• 59. Nuthin' Special - metalchewey

• 60. Quasimoto - macncheese

• 61. RAMCHARGERS Drag Bike - roadwarrior

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • 62. Red Sterling 1941 Westfield Prewar Tank Bike - tanksalot

• 63. Red Velvet - Kev Higgins

• 64. Rot-Ten Colson - schwinnspastic

• 65. Route 66 Rollfast Cruiser - Vintage-Iron

• 66. Rusty Trails - SoulGarageOH

• 67. SB-ll aka Sunday Best - gsc

• 68. Schwinn Spitfire Reboot - Yooperman

• 69. Screaming Rabbit - Georgeediii

Votes: 21 9.0%
  • 70. Sil's BDay Present : Que Sera Sera - MplsCoaster

• 71. Silver Surfer - Bike Bum

• 72. Simply Klunkin - heartlandcruisers

• 73. SLIVER - jodphoto

• 74. sweet leaf - cthomps

• 75. The Bonneville Roadster - drabe

Votes: 31 13.3%
  • 76. The build formerly known as Harlequin - GuitarCarl

• 77. The Coop-ster - drangnusa

• 78. The General Lee - ChadT

• 79. The Huffster - DC4L

• 80. The Porcellio - EdgarS

• 81. The Ugly Duckling (Black Phantom Klunker) - schwinn boy

• 82. The Weenie Wagon - Funkme

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • 83. The White Rabbit - order99

• 84. Thunder Klunk - kevin kanouff

• 85. Under Pressure - c1run1

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • 86. Verboten - kingfish254

Votes: 81 34.8%
  • 87. Vinyl Schwinn - Canon

• 88. War Boy - j.sutterfield

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jake, you have to vote before the results show up.
ARRGH!!
6beb22cb85a2ea77b743bc9da8c2cef2.jpg
SNEEKY! NOW I DON'T KNOW WHO TO CAST MY VOTE FOR WHO DOESN'T HAVE A VOTE.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

So true.
Personally, I'm shocked that #3. 37 Elman Streamline Deluxe is not running away with the whole competition. It's so well designed, I don't think people realize that it's a hand made original bike! What a masterpiece! :praise:
The Streamline Deluxe is my favorite bike in the whole build off, but I didn't vote for it. Everybody has their own voting criteria, for me you had to finish your bike to get my vote. It will be an awesome bike but I don't believe he is done with it. Part of the challenge of the build off for me is to get it done in the time allotted.

The Streamline Deluxe is my favorite bike in the whole build off, but I didn't vote for it. Everybody has their own voting criteria, for me you had to finish your bike to get my vote. It will be an awesome bike but I don't believe he is done with it. Part of the challenge of the build off for me is to get it done in the time allotted.
Not sure what your "finished" criteria is, but the bike meets the finished parameters of the build off, so I guess that's what matters.

So true.
Personally, I'm shocked that #3. 37 Elman Streamline Deluxe is not running away with the whole competition. It's so well designed, I don't think people realize that it's a hand made original bike! What a masterpiece! :praise:

Rob (dr.t) told me about this bike last week. I missed the entire build. It's my personal favorite. Screams 30's cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waldo was so successful at achieving his vision that people don't realize from looking at the finished photo that he started with sections from two ladies Elgin's and some amazingly creative use of steel. Definitely one of my favorite builds of BOTEN. It was the one that I always anxiously awaited for updates on.

Not sure what your "finished" criteria is, but the bike meets the finished parameters of the build off, so I guess that's what matters.
I followed Waldo's build very closely, as it is one of the only bikes in the build off that I would trade nearly any of my bikes for. I love it, but when he said that he was only concentrating on the side of the bike he planned to photograph he lost my vote. I still love it but I don't believe that it is the bike he intendend to finish with, nor do I think he is done with the build. Perhaps I am mistaken. From day 1 anybody could have put a seat, pedals and bars on a frame and it would meet the official criteria. That would be fine with me and if it looked good I might vote for it, but if the plan was to then swap those parts out later and alter the "finish" (bare metal to paint etc) then that bike would not meet my personal voting criteria. So many bikes were able to cross the finish line with such incredible attention to detail, I couldn't do that to those guys who started earlier and stayed up later to be sure that they finished their vision for their build. Not meant to be a personal dig on Waldo or his bike. He can still take his pick from my stable if he wants to trade.

I agree with all of you I was alway watching this form day one . My favorite over all build . You can tell he wasn't the most talented welder but he had a Vision a plan and never gave up . I'm sure he will refine it to an even cleaner piece of rolling art be for he's done !!! Way to go Waldo [emoji106][emoji106][emoji95]

Just realized the spelling of #3 is wrong. It should be Elfman not Elman

Waldo was so successful at achieving his vision that people don't realize from looking at the finished photo that he started with sections from two ladies Elgin's and some amazingly creative use of steel. Definitely one of my favorite builds of BOTEN. It was the one that I always anxiously awaited for updates on.
I don't know why, but I missed Waldo's "Elfman Streamline" build thread.
This is an error I have just corrected. I'm totally blown away by the talent exhibited!
Sorry to say I did not vote for "Elfman" though.
I didn't like the vote picture - would rather of seen a side view or forward 3/4 view of the bike. The build is so authentic looking I actually thought, "Oh, its another of those big $ antique bikes, uber rare and blah blah blah." Man, do I feel dumb. :doh:

So many great bikes, so few votes.:cry:
I will guarantee that if you think not seeing you got a vote means we did not care for the bike, you would be wrong.
Every bike and a few that did not finish taught me something.:113::41::thumbsup:
Due to illness I did not get to follow along the threads as I would have liked to.:forum:
However passion, vision, speed, attention to detail, hi tech tools, no tech tools, beautiful and unabashedly practical or struggling with the time, weather, work, finances, health, family and other choices this year again every one of the builders bought a bit of hope, joy and fun into the world.
:grin::giggle::39:
Well done all of you.

I followed Waldo's build very closely, as it is one of the only bikes in the build off that I would trade nearly any of my bikes for. I love it, but when he said that he was only concentrating on the side of the bike he planned to photograph he lost my vote. I still love it but I don't believe that it is the bike he intendend to finish with, nor do I think he is done with the build. Perhaps I am mistaken. From day 1 anybody could have put a seat, pedals and bars on a frame and it would meet the official criteria. That would be fine with me and if it looked good I might vote for it, but if the plan was to then swap those parts out later and alter the "finish" (bare metal to paint etc) then that bike would not meet my personal voting criteria. So many bikes were able to cross the finish line with such incredible attention to detail, I couldn't do that to those guys who started earlier and stayed up later to be sure that they finished their vision for their build. Not meant to be a personal dig on Waldo or his bike. He can still take his pick from my stable if he wants to trade.

I built this bike because I had to, not because I needed to win this contest. Its been patiently waiting inside my head for like 5+ years, but something always took precedence over even getting started on it. This build off always takes place during the busiest part of my work year and this year was no different. I got sidelined for about 3-4 weeks working 60+ hour weeks and had I not cashed in all my vacation time for the last 2 weeks of the month it would not have been even close to done. This project took so much out of me, by the last few days I was wearing a wrist brace to try to prevent my wrist from getting any more blown out from the hours of continuous grinding. The last week I would work till about 4 AM and drag myself out of bed about 8 to get back to it. It was pretty stupid actually, I was so out of it that at one point I struck an arc with out my welders helmet on and another time the drill press grabbed that lower spring perch out of my hand and turned it into a cutter head that almost sliced my wrist open. Still, I experienced what I can only describe as a "builders high" and had that rare feeling that there was nothing else I'd rather be doing while I was building it. I was downright giddy at times to see this thing take shape. The high point was tearing around the neighborhood on a full moon night watching my newborn springer soak up the bumps. I'm just so happy to have made this thing a reality and have that reality be just as cool if not cooler than I'd hoped it would be. True, its not "done" but the foundation of it is in place. Thanks to everyone who supported and encouraged me, if it weren't for you guys and this build off, this thing would still just be an idea in my head and a few doodles in a sketchbook.

Last edited by a moderator:
I new this was going to be special form
the beginning , that why I posted you as ( one to watch ) in that's special thread . Great work & like I said once you get a break & some down time in your schedule . I'm sure you will be back at it for some more refining . When it is 100% I hope you will post some more pictures for all us who were supporting this build !!!! Take a break the build is over [emoji106][emoji106][emoji481]

I took a triple take trying to figure it out because I saw the voting picture before the build thread. Wild stuff!! Was my first check box target.

One of the bikes that I keep expecting to move up the ranks is @nateboy's HellCamino. It just doesn't get more hot rod than that bike! It reminds me of @Terry66 's Hot Rod Higgins.

There is a competitive cluster in the heart of the top ten that could break away at any time. Gonna be exciting to watch.

197 people have voted so far.

Does a mass email get sent lettering folks know the voting started? I feel like voting over all is very light.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back