VOTE HERE!!!! - FINISHED BIKE PHOTOS BELOW POLL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pick your favorite bikes!

• 01. 12 Year Project - LBCJ

Votes: 82 26.8%
  • 02. 1935 Rollfast Motobike - whitecoyote

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • 03. 1936 - American Vintage Bicycle Supply

Votes: 23 7.5%
  • 04. A LONG TALE - franconuevo

Votes: 18 5.9%
  • 05. BADBOY - Jake Sensi

Votes: 21 6.9%
  • 06. Bare Bonnie(ville) - Blackout

Votes: 108 35.3%
  • 07. Bare Metal Electra - hewey

Votes: 13 4.2%
  • 08. BarrelBanana Lowrider - SwissGuy

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • 09. Beauty is in the eye... Liner - Missing Link

• 10. Bo11 Weevil - Wildcat

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 11. Bourbon & Blue - PublicNuisance

Votes: 48 15.7%
  • 12. Campground Cruiser - azmathys

Votes: 22 7.2%
  • 13. ChromeDoubt - supergoob

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • 14. Crusty Flyer - Hunter Cummins

Votes: 22 7.2%
  • 15. CT Schwinn - MplsCoaster

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • 16. Deco DX - Jaypem

Votes: 15 4.9%
  • 17. Double Bar Denim - metalchewy

• 18. DRAGN - dragnusa

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • 19. Dreamcatcher Indian Arrow - gigmata

Votes: 51 16.7%
  • 20. Ed's 1941 Elgin Deluxe - MazdaFlyer

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • 21. Elgin Board Track Racer - Uncle Shish

Votes: 41 13.4%
  • 22. ELGIN Decoluxe - The Renaissance Man

Votes: 142 46.4%
  • 23. ElgIndian - brett4christ

Votes: 47 15.4%
  • 24. Elgin Mutt - idiotboy

• 25. Flobar - ratrodz

Votes: 104 34.0%
  • 26. FrankenHiggins - hammer mechanic

Votes: 20 6.5%
  • 27. Frankie Four Aces - SlyRed

Votes: 41 13.4%
  • 28. HAUL-iN! - OneHorsePower

Votes: 52 17.0%
  • 29. HEXMACHINA - PINOYRATRODDER

Votes: 58 19.0%
  • 30. Huffman - Scribble

Votes: 29 9.5%
  • 31. Krustomized Kruiser - MONARKofSoCal

Votes: 30 9.8%
  • 32. Last Minute Panic - macncheese

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • 33. Mid-Western Flyer X-16 - SkyknightJohn

• 34. Miss Prissy - MrLeghorn

Votes: 25 8.2%
  • 35. Naked Panther - Chad T

Votes: 20 6.5%
  • 36. Night of the Flightliner - krazykort

Votes: 35 11.4%
  • 37. Oberleutnant - kowalski385

Votes: 24 7.8%
  • 38. One - Liner - OddJob

Votes: 36 11.8%
  • 39. Peace Love and Choppers - johnp.smith

• 40. rELEVENt setback - Falstaff

Votes: 23 7.5%
  • 41. Riverside Hoodride - Georgeediii

Votes: 47 15.4%
  • 42. Rizzo - SoulGarageOH

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • 43. Rockin' Rollfast - GuitarCarl

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 44. Ro11fast or Go Home - mrs. link

Votes: 13 4.2%
  • 45. Rollfast - us56456712

Votes: 29 9.5%
  • 46. SaltHammer - kingfish254

Votes: 102 33.3%
  • 47. Schwinn Drop Out - gowjobs

Votes: 53 17.3%
  • 48. SPINAL TAP - bean

Votes: 59 19.3%
  • 49. Stretched Shelby - cthomps

• 50. Swamp Dog - G-Matt

Votes: 62 20.3%
  • 51. SYNRGY - bikedudeofomaha

• 52. That Old Wheel - SSG

• 53. Trans-it - oddrodal

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • 54. What ever man - deorman

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe I should have read first, I didn't know we could vote for more than three.
Yeah, rule change noted in the note by Rat Rod right below the booth. For some reason, I think the note started out at the top of the thread, but after the pics got rectified, it ended up in the middle. I'm sure you cast 3 really good votes though!

I cast three by habit too, but I think the new voting is making for more active numbers in the poll. Pretty exciting following the ebbs and flows.

I cast three by habit too, but I think the new voting is making for more active numbers in the poll. Pretty exciting following the ebbs and flows.
Early on, there was a brief period where Drop Out had the lead... with a whopping 5 votes. That got the old blood pumping there for a bit. :heart:

I wonder how many "REFRESH" clicks the interwebs can handle. :rofl:

Yeah, rule change noted in the note by Rat Rod right below the booth. For some reason, I think the note started out at the top of the thread, but after the pics got rectified, it ended up in the middle. I'm sure you cast 3 really good votes though!
I think I did, atleast I have better choices here than I have in November.

Hmm, we've had multiple votes for a while. We did last year too. But I've been in every build off since I joined, so I might be remembering wrong. (but I don't think so)

Carl.

Hmm, we've had multiple votes for a while. We did last year too. But I've been in every build off since I joined, so I might be remembering wrong. (but I don't think so)

Carl.
Carl, we had no limit in MBBO and ORBO this past year. But the RRB BO-10 was only 3 votes. I was definitely one for multiple votes after that, too many good, viable builds to limit to 3.

Carl, we had no limit in MBBO and ORBO this past year. But the RRB BO-10 was only 3 votes. I was definitely one for multiple votes after that, too many good, viable builds to limit to 3.
Yep. I went back and looked at the BOTEN, and noted a couple things... It was just 3 votes (you are right!) and the frame I cut up for my rear clip this year was the frame I ended up with last year after I nixed the clown tandem.
I'm recycling...:rofl:

Carl.

Last edited:
Yep. I went back and looked at the BOTEN, and noted a couple things... It was just 3 votes (you are right!) and the frame I cut up for my rear clip this year was the frame I ended up with last year after I nixed the clown tandem.
I'm recycling...:rofl:

Carl.
RE-'cycling'....:21: Nice one!

Early on, there was a brief period where Drop Out had the lead... with a whopping 5 votes. That got the old blood pumping there for a bit. :heart:

Dude, I know!!! About 6 hours ago I MIGHT have been top 20 fodder. Then an hour later, I was top 5! Now I'm somewhere in between. Still much better than I anticipated!

Heck, I'm glad I FINISHED!!!

The level of creativity, craftsmanship, presentation and above all commitment, shown in this Build-Off has been outstanding - truly inspirational!

Thank you all for sharing your builds and to RRB for giving us this forum.

Voted for five, but it could have easily been 3X's that...BRAVO!!!

If it weren't for the build offs, I'm not sure that some of my bikes would have ever been started, much less finished. It's a great motivator to get things done!

I need a build off for my '69 Ghia convertible, my '56 beetle, '58 Glastron, '79 Checkmate, and on, and on, and on...:crazy2:
VWs AND boats? You're a glutton for punishment, lol!
Says the guy with three trucks a 59 Cad and a '60 Glasspar!

As a bench warmer dang u guys did it again. And I too didn't notice the voting change and voted 3. Oops..... Well my jd2 model 4 is coming tomorrow so who knows you might see me back next year. Although at this point i seriously doubt i could hang. There is some truly jaw dropping machinery this year.

Even being really critical on my votes, I still ended up voting for 15 bikes, this build-off may have been smaller than some previous ones, but the overall quality is better than ever before!

Congrats to all who finished, you did an awesome job!

Although at this point i seriously doubt i could hang. There is some truly jaw dropping machinery this year.
You can hang with the best any day, many of us use your builds as inspiration!
I think the new voting is making for more active numbers in the poll. Pretty exciting following the ebbs and flows.
I'm loving it too! Probably be less ties this year too with the higher amount of total votes.

Luke.

Looks like 813 total votes so far from 123 members.
Average votes per member is 6.6

The current leader is scoring a vote from pretty much every second voter, that is impressive! :41:

Luke.

Awesome group of bikes this year! I can't get over how quick the time flew by. Never underestimate the speed of the clock. I didn't get to finish largely due to being so busy planning, executing a wedding and honeymoon. Then there is always the job and it's demands. I'll finish up the Blue Max as time permits.

that was fun. As usual, a great selection. Maybe next year I can join in again. Got my hands full right now with a one year old :)

good luck everybody.

Latest posts

Back