Virtual buildoff

Sep 14, 2013
Bradley Illinoiz
www.instagram.com
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I know it's a stretch of the imagination, but I'm hoping that it won't be too hard for this group. :hi:
The other style of design we've yet to see here (and one I've never used but plan on using soon) is the full size layout board. Now I get it that a big piece of cardboard isn't "virtual" in the classic sense of the word, but I'd argue that it also isn't a Bicycle yet either. I'd love to see some full size layout boards you guys have done.

Carl.

Jul 1, 2014
Las Vegas Area
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I know it's a stretch of the imagination, but I'm hoping that it won't be too hard for this group. :hi:
The other style of design we've yet to see here (and one I've never used but plan on using soon) is the full size layout board. Now I get it that a big piece of cardboard isn't "virtual" in the classic sense of the word, but I'd argue that it also isn't a Bicycle yet either. I'd love to see some full size layout boards you guys have done.

Carl.
Large cardboard works the easiest. ;-D

I've done one of those with regular sheets of paper spread out across the floor. Also did one on sheets of brown packing paper. I think it Really helps visualize the magnitude of the plans, especially if I am undecided on a bend or feature....

Reactions: GuitarlCarl
Jan 21, 2009
Mililani, Hawaii
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Here's my template. I ran off a few copies and will draw in the design as I go along. Pretty low tech but should work. I was wondering about what kind of tubing, and I think 1 1/2" exhaust pipe would work. It wouldn't cost much in reality and muffler shops have long lengths and can bend to all kinds of shapes. I'll measure to see how many feet of tubing it would take, I'm estimating about 30 feet right now.

DSCI0009.JPG

Reactions: GuitarlCarl
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Carl.
Here's the 'C.A.D.' I did for my BO8 build, Rattled...

Rattled_CAD.jpg

And here's the build thread for those interested...

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/rattled-ex-≈-peacetogether-≈-name-change.72610/

Glen.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Carl.
This is Glenderson done the the other side of the Rattled cardboard...

Glenderson_CAD.jpg

And here's the build thread link...

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/glenderson-winter-build-off.79571/

Glen.

The Bike Wall BOXKARS Clyde James Cycles