Virgin Burrito

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first frame build but not my first bike build.It'll be a slow build but I'll update it as I go.This is what I got so far ,just a mock up.I'll have the rest of the tubing this Sunday so hopefully I'll be able to start welding and grinding sometime next week.Then after that I'll just need tire ,tubes, and some sweet apehangers .Here's what I got so far ....

100_8328.jpg

100_8330.jpg

and this is whats taking up all my work space

100_8327.jpg

sweet! whats your idea to fill in the rest of the frame?

stretch said:
sweet! whats your idea to fill in the rest of the frame?

From the top of the rear stays to the head tube I'm going to go with either a huge log chain to match the apehangers i'm going to make or just some reg tubing then I'm playing with the idea of making a false springer front end with a lower gauge chain( just adding the chain struts).I really want to make a springer rear end like on that firefighter bike form the last bike build off but my money's tight so I don't see that happening anytime soon =X.All the tubing I'm going to use is from junk road bikes.Only things i'll have to buy are tires,tubes, and the chain.Luckly I live next to a bodyshop that's letting me use all there tools sense I don't own a welder =/.Paints just going to be a out of the can flatblack on the handle bars,fork n fork struts,frame, and the rim of the wheels.We'll maybe a nice limegreen for the wheels and struts =).Any ideas or suggestions are more than welcome =) .Oh yeah and I still need to figure out what I'm going to use for my suicide shifter sense the rear is a three speed =D.Maybe a bulldog form a mack truck or a wrench.something sweet darn it ! I'll be updating as I go but like I said it'll prob be a slow build.

well do you actually live in detroit? i remember you asked where in clawson i am. maybe i could help with the painting and parts if you want to go a bit more wild. :) i could also help with that 3-speed. i made a sweeet jockey shift for this bike:
SANY0114.jpg

I'm in Indianapolis man ,don't remember asking but right on if I was close I'd take you up on that=).I think the hardest part of the whole build is going to be waiting for it to get done so I can ride the beast =D lol.Btw my wife said she likes that black ladies burrito.She's next in line for one .She works on her own bike and helps me out when I need the help.She's not scared to get her hands dirty =).

100_8329.jpg

im glad she likes! it was actually an exercisor frame i cut up and welded on other frame bits. :) oh and disregard that first part, i had a brain fart. :roll:

Yeah that's the hard part finding frame bits that match up in size lol.I couldn't really find any with some nice bends in them =/.I don't have access to a pipe and I guess to lazy to do it the hard way. =X

ahh thats why you make bikes with straight lines. they look so good too! :D

AHH sorry guys, thought I would have made more progress on it but yeah that's life . It'll get there tho hopefully some I'll have some updates for you. I did finish a build for my nephew tho (picture below). He loves it ,I wouldn't let him see it till it was done .

67227_1332238604838_1797227344_635763_6675745_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back