Violet Crime (Hiawatha)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all. Haven't been on the Rat Rod site for a while, so I checked it out and see a build-off has started. Cool! This bike has been sitting by the side of my garage for over 2 years. I got it from a guy in Wisconsin along with a few others about 3 years ago. Pushed it outside to make room. Put her on CL, but no takers. So I'll fix her up and maybe my wife will ride it.
DSCN0401.jpg

I like the frame lines on her.
DSCN0402.jpg

We'll see what happens!
DSCN0403.jpg

Still need a name for it...

Re: Hiawatha

That a Shelby Built frame, very cool "s" bars in between the two down tubes.....if you want one I have a Hornless tank for that frame! $20.00 plus shipping!

Went to the garage to start disassembly of my lady rusthuffer. My daughter and her friend followed to see what I was up to. They saw me wheel the bike into the garage and asked if they could help. Sure, but I'm just tearing it apart. Can we clean it? It's kinda rusty. Can we scape the rust off? Have at it. What can we use? So I hauled out steel wool, sandpaper and scrapers. They went and got toothbrushes and water. Whatever. They had fun.
colealeah.jpg

They both like the color purple, Vikings fans, but not much goes with purple, so Violet Crime it is.

Latest posts

Back