Vintage/Strandie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I should have started documenting this sooner, but here's an old Hawthorne that I took down to the bare frame and am now building into a California Cruiser. I'll probably add a three-piece crank set, waiting on orange/chrome chain and a chrome BMX-style 26" fork. I feel the need to add some "anodized" parts, but just don't know yet.
I already have two other bikes with the same frame, so this will not be a keeper.
IMG_2670.JPG

looks great! love the color an anodized crank, pedals and stem would look great too!

I like the x bars and stem, agree that they would work great with a straight leg fork. I'd paint the block of the stem black to match the seatpost clamp. Or switch em both for the Anno, but then it gets spendy when you realize how good Anno hubs and rims would look too

Dig those bars. Ive never been a fan of curved forks...no offense, there is absolutely nothing wrong with them and your bike is b itchen. I think its because when I was a kid, I had a bike (cant remember exactly what it was) and it had curved forks and I hated them because all the "cool" kids had straight forks...so that's kinda stuck w me ever since. You'd think after 40 years I could move on...:crazy: Speaking of that bike...can someone tell me what it was?
624573401.jpg

Latest posts

Back