Vintage MTB score! 1985 Gary Fisher w/ Deer Head Goodness!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweeeeet Nice Survivor!!
Gotta love the Hite Rite. I have a couple of those in the parts stash.
Those are still a great solution and much cheaper than the new incarnations.

Nice find especially how clean and complete the bike is. I always found it funny how much they used to mix and match brakes on these old MTB's.

Whoa, I think all the commission's I made selling those paid my way thru college! That one is in excellent shape. Nice find.

So how does the seat spring thingy work. First time I've seen one. That is one sweet bike! Congrads!

So how does the seat spring thingy work. First time I've seen one. That is one sweet bike! Congrads!
It is meant to control the seatpost height. It allows the rider to loosen and drop the seat post for downhill portions of the ride. When they are done, loosen the quick release and the seatpost pops back up to riding height.

Gary Fisher is a true pioneer of mountain biking. I mean not all of his ideas were home runs, but he was never afraid to try new stuff. That is a really cool bike. I think you'll see the early quality mountain bike popularity start to go up like BMX have.

It is a shame that Trek absorbed his brand in 2011. Now they refer to his bikes as the Trek Gary Fisher Collection. They basically owned the brand for several years prior, but discontinuing the brand was a bad move.

Being a mountain biker from way back, I have always been a GF fan. Had tons of them over the years. I bought the last 2010 Gary Fisher HIFI 29er full suspension mountain bike that my LBS had in December 2010. Interesting that Trek just added different paint and decals to their 2011 model...

WHOA thanks for all the comments. I havent figured out all the ins and outs of this new forum layout and havent got the subscribe feature down. I didnt realize I was getting some info/comments on this post till just now! LOL - This bike is so clean! And I agree, I feel like MTBs have started to hit their collector stride along with BMX! This one will get sold eventually but I plan to roll down a fire road or two...DOWN, I am not planing on riding up! :rofl:

Latest posts

Back