VINTAGE MOUNTAIN BIKES

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Was looking through the First Flight Website and found a few really sweet early mountain bikes.

Here are a few of my favorites...

1986 Breezer Series III
BreezerIIISide.JPG

BrrezerIIIFront.JPG

1982 Specialized Stumpjumper
Stump1055.JPG

1982 Ritchey Sierra
Ritchey82.JPG

1983 Fat Chance
Fat83.JPG

1981 Bruiser
BruiserSide.JPG

BruiserCrank.JPG

BruiserDrum.JPG

Thanks for the link, I started mountain biking in the early 80s and raced from 1984 until the early 90s. It kinda makes me feel a little old when the bikes I thought were state of the art are now "Vintage" :shock:
Like when you are listening to the radio with your kids and the songs from your youth are on the oldies station :D

I wondered what it would take to buy one of those Stumpjumper remakes.

It's kind of ironic in a sense...buying an old MTB for a really high price with outdated technology.

If I had the dough and the space I'd like to own one. :D

i raced xc when i was an early teen.
i had the first specialized rockhopper with front suspension.
came out in 92 i think.

rockhopper fs - stood for future shock. shock was made by rock shox.

great bike. wish i still had it. ended up giving it to a girlfriend in college.
DUMBA**!

hah

i put a crap-ton of miles on that thing.

It's a bummer that they went and put new looking cranks and derailleurs on that Stumpjumper.

I guess if they only made 200 of them they had to go with what is available.

Just think of the aftermarket popularity of a new set of cranks that look just like the vintage TAs or Suginos...the fixed gear crowd would eat them up.

Rat Rod said:
It's a bummer that they went and put new looking cranks and derailleurs on that Stumpjumper.

I guess if they only made 200 of them they had to go with what is available.

Just think of the aftermarket popularity of a new set of cranks that look just like the vintage TAs or Suginos...the fixed gear crowd would eat them up.

I agree on all accounts. If you remember Hugo 's been on one of them. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8315&p=86501&hilit=specialized#p85837

Hugo said:
@ cman: we were told that the bikes would be shipped to us 8) but I'll believe when I see it.

Hugo

I wonder if he ended up with it.

MMM...... I think I have a early stumpjumper like that one in the photo. I'll have to take a closer look.

You dont like that fine ergonomic designed glutomous porportioner :p yeah it will have to go even though I will admit I have one on my Peugoet its not bad...maybe I shouldn't admit it my buddy at the bike shop says he would be afraid of getting something caught :shock: and the rack, I wouldn't miss it. But the cool shoulder harness is factory gotta stay.

Latest posts

Back