vintage motorcycle riders

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hello all, I was wondering if there are any vintage motorcyclists that ride regularly. I've found a 60's honda CB for $600. Its a pretty sweet ride but needs a bunch of work. Any pointers for anyone I really wanted a triumph but have not heard good things. Thanks for the advice.

Chris

All the Triumph's I had leaked oil and the shifter is on the wrong side.
Turned a 1972 from this
DSCF0001-49.jpg

To this with a little work
DSCF0003-29.jpg

That's a great bike and pretty close to what I have envisioned. I've found a late 60's honda that I emailed the guy about my fingers are crossed.

Chris

I USED to collect Honda Benly's. Old Shriners motorcycles. Used to tow them on a trailer to shows, behind my GoldWing. Look up VJMC for ideas. Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club.
My insurance company canceled my coverage when they found out I SHOWED them. Got real expensive to own them,then. Sold all. had MINT cl-350,a 65 Benly 150, a few dreams,old goldwings,etc. Now I ride an old KLR650, and a 84 Honda Sabre v65. 1 dent away from mint.

do vintage minibikes count?

this one is my drag bike, it runs on alcohol, bored out, shoots blue flames, nothing much you know, just 22 horses out of a 5 horse block.

super bronc vt-10 and super tryke

Fox and Bronc

Here is my vintage ride. It is a '73 Harley Sportster.
1000cc's. It has the right hand shifter. I made the seat pan to look like a scaled up schwinn cruiser seat.

A triumph would probably be my second choice. You can find just about anytyhing for them. If you can deal with a triumph style bike with lots of aftermarket stuff available you should look up yamaha xs 650. Very triumph like.

DSCF0580b.jpg

DSCF0574.jpg

Some nice bikes here! I have to disagree with bikebuilder though, my first bike was a '78 Yamaha XS 400 and it was the worst one I have had and spent more time in the shop than on the road. Maybe it was just mine? I will however recommend Honda bikes. Owned several (Magna, Shadow, Goldwing, Sabre, and a few others) and they are great bikes for the money and very reliable. Also had a Suzuki GS 850 that was a beast but I was riding out in the country and hit freshly laid gravel at 60MPH and it washed out from under me and got torn up bad. I was lucky and didn't get hurt too bad. I'll dig through my old pics and see if I can find some pics of my old bikes.

Outskirts may have a point. If you want an easy bike to own, you might want to do some research on different forums. I have never owned a "nice bike". I work on my own so I don't have to wait or pay for a shop. ( I take tools and parts with me when I ride just in case I need them, and I have needed them.) :lol: It all depends on what you are looking for.

That Simplex is WICKED cool!

Is it considered a motorcycle or classified scooter/moped?

I'm just staying in the moped/motorized bicycle category because I don't want another endorsement on my license + more insurance and such.

i just came across this thread and see it hasn't been replied to in a bit.
well let me revive that lol
i just bought a 1978 Honda 180 twin star as a project.
it needs some valve work and a couple gaskets replaced but man is it sweet and clean.
the guy was really cool and agreed to deliver it to me as long-as i paid asking price ,which ironically i was ready to do it was already a really good price.he has the title signed over to him, but he wouldn't exchange money until he knows for sure there isn't any title issues so i thought that was really cool.
but anyways heres the pics he sent me of it i will take some more once i get it fixed and riding but shes a sweet clean bike for a 78 one of the better ones i have seen for 400 bucks.
Sean

don't let that oil pan under the bike fool you the oil leak isn't as bad as it looks when i went to look at it.

the guy has some sweet bikes he is working on and has a Harley rigid im really interested in once he finishes it.
not only did i find a good deal but i think i found a good mechanic as well if i get stuck.
it will run just not very good due to the valve seats but that's ok i wanted a project and i got a good one.
searching around, i have not even found anything in half as good shape as this one for under 800 ,so i took it.
cannot wait to ride. it she's not a speed demon but she will be fun and good for teaching the missus how to ride.
Sean

Good deal. I have been riding motor cycles for the last 40 years. I just wrecked a Harley Electra Glide a few years ago and have the titanium plate and screws to prove it. I'm always up for a project or three. Good luck with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks loosenuts.
good god man glad you are still with us man! i hate hearing when a fellow biker goes down it breaks my heart.
i wrecked a 2003 Suzuki hyabusa in 05 darn near killed myself. i have a few battle scars and a bad hip from it as well as some nerve damage in my neck.but i am thankful im still alive and am gonna get up and do it again.
i love harleys and owned a few but this one i just couldn't pass up you just don't see these anymore and in this good a shape.
it is lil small for me but i want to get the missus hooked on riding,so it's a good bike for that.

Latest posts

Back