vintage Huffy cruiser build AKA "Leftovers"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After RRBBO#6 I have a slew of un-used parts in my garage now. I came across an old Huffy Cruiser at a garage sale last week, and picked it up for $20. not bad since I could ride it home!. I parked it next to my other bikes in the "pile" but for some reason, it didn't stay there long. I started working on it and taking it apart. Turns out it's in good shape other than the tires were so rotted they were stuck to the rims! I actually had to cut the rear one off because no amount of prying was gonna get it off!

anywhoo... I'm terrible about taking progress pictures, as in before and after. and I unfortunately didn't take any "before" pics of the Huffy either. :oops:

So here it is as she sits now. I think my colors are going to be white brown and black. and maybe a "pop" of another color in there somewhere.
I will try to be better about posting progress pics, but I get so into the build that I forget to stop and take some pictures. :mrgreen:

286265_10150294148328711_511913710_7666697_5700463_o.jpg

288760_10150294147983711_511913710_7666696_4942965_o.jpg

looks niceee :D why no pedal/chain :lol: good find my sir

I just mocked it up real quick. Looking for a pedal set that will look good with this color combo. and I may break down and buy one of those fancy colored chains! :lol:

Ok, got a bit more done.
Chain and pedals installed and the bike is rideable! Rides great too!
still need to install the front headlight.

IMG_2318.jpg

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2323.jpg

IMG_2325.jpg

IMG_2328.jpg

Nice! I'm digging the white. My next project is a fixie and I am thinking all white. Everything, down to the chain! :D

Looks like you are using the same frame as me; it's cool to see
a different take on it, Looks good!

It really is a comfortable frame; I tried mine out with a repro springer
fork prior to tearing it down for painting, and was really surprised at how
nice the bike rode.

Looks really good ,I wish all low budget builds could be this nice! :mrgreen:

spectratone said:
Looks like you are using the same frame as me; it's cool to see
a different take on it, Looks good!

It really is a comfortable frame; I tried mine out with a repro springer
fork prior to tearing it down for painting, and was really surprised at how
nice the bike rode.

Do you have a link to your build?

Big_Daddy_Sloth said:
Nice! I'm digging the white. My next project is a fixie and I am thinking all white. Everything, down to the chain! :D

Small world! I just bought a wheelset for a fixie build! :mrgreen:

Thanks for all the love guys! I'll post some more pictures as soon as I figure out how to mount this headlight...

Latest posts

Back