Vintage Dyno BMX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Picked this up on the cheap. Looks to be entirely original. No kickstand or brakes, freestyle. I think it’s a Performer from the 1980s but not sure.

Can someone who knows this bike tell me a little something on it?

Thanks in advance.
c0b9a190887b0a8b0397a2c0dd74881b.jpg
5d0ebfef949a4823bb65c4298be0e7e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might want to poke around at bmxmuseum dot com. The members are a little snooty, but their knowledge of BMX is excellent. And they have DEEP pockets! I don't know that specific bike, but Dyno was a solid bike shop brand back then, and you look to have some decent parts there.
The pedals look cool, the crank bars, stem, and seatpost... I like

Rear dropouts appear to be Dyno. Oversized tubes and large diameter seatpost indicate early-mid '90s or later. 1” threaded would be earlier than mid 90s to early 2000s depending on model level. I'm not a Dyno guy, but I'd guess very late 90s NSX or Sonic, or similar.

Thanks for all the info. I got some good feedback from BMX Museum site. Pretty sure it is. ‘96 or ‘97 Dyno Sonic. Traveling on business right now but I will look for serial number on it but my bike looks dead on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back