Vintage and Antique Signage!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great thread, been collecting signs for years, my collection is tiny now compared to what I've had. AND I AM NOT ONLY LOOKING BUT ALWAYS BUYING.
003.jpg

allstuff026.jpg

allstuff025.jpg

allstuff021.jpg

allstuff020.jpg

allstuff019.jpg

icecreamsigns004_zpsc1f75781.jpg

icecreamsigns002_zps5ad9e15f.jpg

icecreamsigns001_zps797c4d2b.jpg

KitchenSigns016.jpg

KitchenSigns015.jpg

DIFFERKJGHJHFHDHFDHF31.jpg

bikestorage002.jpg
Did your say tiny? Compared to what super nice!

Remember this sign I found. Trying to figure out what it was for?

Finally figured it out.

Payless Oil Company

Look closely at bottom of the map.

73f3203b21f4981c2a5d0409490f9714.jpg

eb38acb104fdfaa2dc02ebbfb893d41e.jpg

86a1143c7ee2c51e36e52888bc187c34.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the sign on the front of the church that I attend.
c9d35f4d-9e53-4a5e-b776-56467a2aba84_zpshssynoyt.jpg

It's not actually vintage. I lettered it a couple of years ago and made it look old. I was a little surprised that I was allowed to paint a 'weathered' sign on the building. This is in the historic district downtown and all facade work is required to be submitted and approved on all of the buildings.

This was it before I lettered it...
GVC.jpg

Our church has a ratrod patina both inside and out! :)
10426287_925090517542979_4897844374666096517_n.jpg

IMG_6199.JPG

Some cool stuff in here and just makes me envious to go and buy a bigger place to put all of my man-cave stuff on display instead of all kept in a lock-up storage unit. Have got plenty of metal signs in there as well as V8supercar race car panels (approx 25 of various doors, fenders, 1/4 panels, bumpers, bonnets and wheels/tyres). Here are a couple of different pieces that I have that I used to have in the factory.

Dealer & Service station signs

Double sided as well as another set of these

These were advertising banners and the first one is approx 14m x 3.5m (46ft x 12ft) which makes the truck look like a toy and was a mission to put up and take down

have got a few other versions of this smaller one as well

Have also got some vinyl banners that you see on the back of motorsport podiums from different V8Supercar events. And one of the sets of doors from a V8SC race car

Going to try and post this here to see if any member can help.
Trying to date this photo.
Hoping one of you sign collectors might reconize the Lucky Stripe sign and have a date for it.

Model A at the gas station, so I'm guessing possibly 1927 to 1931 or later. Probably a little later because the car/truck? doesn't look new in the photo. Just a guess though.

Thanks Pick for your input. I was thinking about the same thing, Depression era. I know the house in the background is around 1915.
Any one else on the sign?

OK my RRB friends (and fellow sign collectors) I recently acquired this 1950's (so I'm told) Rollfast Dealer window transfer sign. Has a few issues but I was born in the 50's and have a few issues myself (yuck, yuck). Due to the slight lifting I would love to transfer it to a glass frame...but the adhesive seems dried up so I'm just happy to have this treasure. Any whoo, enjoy
Bart
20151111_042521.jpg

Thanks Pick for your input. I was thinking about the same thing, Depression era. I know the house in the background is around 1915.
Any one else on the sign?

Pick is pretty close on the money as I found a lot of newspaper ads with the slogan "Now I use Luckies only" appearing on Feb 23, 1932 and then found that the slogan was registered as a copyright by Lucky Strike on Oct 15, 1931. So this photo could quite possibly be from 1931/32. Hollywood star Sue Carol was the person that they used to promote this slogan!!

This is not actually a sign, but close enough. The Navy recruiting and training building in town was about to be demolished, so I went through it and found this 4' square early 1960's Maneuvering Board. It's printed on steel laminated over masonite and is pretty heavy. It's made to use as a chalk board probably for training classes.
I don't know how to use it, but it's pretty cool. :cool2: It's now hanging in my shop.
maneuvering%20board_zps7hzoizoa.jpg

Nice score TRM,This is really a cool find. My friend found a Model A in a barn that had fallen down. He nabbed it, stripped off the crushed body and he now uses it on his farm. New England is full of surprises in old barns.
Bart

Smokin' idea...I never followed thru but after changing directions on a 58 Harley build, I had a pile of custom parts leftover. I was going to mount the parts on my garage wall over a full size drawing of a frame. I ended up selling most of the parts so it was never anything but a good idea (well, at least I thought so).
Bart

Rexall%20sign_zpsrpmnsmjy.jpg

I have kept this sign in my shop for over twenty years. I bought it from the owner of the building that it hung on after the business finally closed after who knows how many years in the historic downtown section of Gadsden AL. It is extremely heavy all steel construction with porcelain faces. I had to actually hire a crane service to take it down and load it on my truck!:eek: Some of the neon tubes where still intact and some where broken in places so I removed them all for safe keeping to use later for patterns to have new ones made.
As cool as it is, I have decided to let it go to someone who can appreciate it as much as I have.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back