Vintage and Antique Signage!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSCF0837_zps3f15aea1.jpg

I found this sign years ago in a dumpster outside an old building that was being remodeled in Lincoln Nebraska, where I lived growing up. My Dad told me that Billy Wolff was a Harley/Cushman Scooter/Bicycle dealer in Lincoln. In fact there is a bike trail in Lincoln named after Billy. In the same dumpster there was an old wooden trunk full of WWI Army uniforms, they had gotten wet at some point and were rotten so I left them. Later I found out from an old time biker in Lincoln that Billy had been a motorcycle dispatch rider in the Army, hence the uniforms.

Enjoy, Marc
That is an awesome story, Marc. That sign is amazing! You're LUCKY!

Cool freebie sign. Anyone heard of Payless? (Not the shoe store.)

amysa4ez.jpg

2 new to me bicycle shop signs both from 60's

zy2y4avu.jpg

Cool 70's 80's roller blade wheel advertisement

8e2e9a6y.jpg

For the old school mountain bike guys.

u5y3u9a2.jpg
Tyler,
Any chance you'd part with that portion of the Payless Dentistry sign?
Thanks,
Kris

Not sure how I would ship it! It's massive

Can you let me know (roughly) what the dimensions are and what you'd accept as a fair price?
You can send me a PM and I can look into the shipping so you dont have to mess with it.
Thanks for considering.
Kris

Here's a couple of mine, had this one for years even got approval
from the boss of the house to hang in in the sitting room!
2ijq1di.jpg

Found this one just the other day at the waste facility, used
to be on one of the gates at the airport!
2ljhnic.jpg

1430960598000680662283.jpg
R Mann, this is the hand painted HD sign I spoke of on my earlier post.. hard to see the brush marks but if you look close at the words Motor & Cycle you might get a view.
Barto

1430961174068422324833.jpg
My wife just doesn't understand and I can't explain it. My youngest daughter's boyfriend loves and spends almost as much time
in the shop as me. Got a few more but will save them for another post. Love this forum...get to share all my treasures with like minded folks

Found some neat stuff on a pick yesterday....

A couple of vintage reflective road signs...This one, and a "Detour" sign

Not really a sign, but cool as heck!

And here are the two biggies.....NOS decals! The Golden Guernsey I think is meant for a window, it's maybe 15" long. The Esso I'm not sure if it's a reverse decal or regular. It's pretty big, the oval is maybe 18-20 inches in length! The Esso piece is for sale if anyone in interested :113:

Love the ESSO transfer. I have two 50's style trash cans (has chrome "push" impression that I want to re do in automotive/gas motif

Seems the only signs I can afford are either modern or they are pretty well damaged. I do vinyl signs so I can duplicate most of the simpler signs pretty easily in vinyl, I made a bunch of Willys signs for my buddies. I've gotta start making more of them with paint.
The prices that real signs go for blow me away, I don't know what these guys do for a living that pay $5000 for an original large porcelean sign, but it sure isn't what I do.
I can remember the times when farmers grabbed the old signage and license plates to patch holes in their barns or put floorboards in their trucks.. if they only knew what the stuff would sell for now..
Don't fret DJ Bill, stick with and they will show up in your price range. I have been collecting all sorts of items and since my family comes 1st I have to wait it out. My friends and family can't believe all the treasures I have. I push for a win win on all finds and do pretty well. Not everyone wants top dollar. Try trades for items, services or labor....you never know!
Barto

Latest posts

Back