Vintage and Antique Signage!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
The Renaissance Man and I where kicking around the idea of creating a old signage thread here in the other talk section.

Feel free to post any bicycle or non bicycle related signage on this thread!

Thanks,
Tyler

Here are a few I've found recently.
Always looking!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393116349.455416.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393116369.851954.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393116391.281423.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393116454.487412.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393116494.055997.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393116541.142751.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393116604.801432.jpg

Tyler, here's an art deco style sign that I designed and built for an old diner building that was converted to an office building in downtown Gadsden Alabama. I made patterns and had someone else bend the neon tubes and had to have a certified electrician wire it for me.
This picture was taken last summer during the First Friday street festival just after I finished building the Southern Flyer. It was still in the daylight and the clock was washed out with light.

100_5585_zps8d8ab9f3.jpg

Here's a picture that I googled that shows the neon at night. I took some of the design cues from the Pitman Theater marquee next door.
dgi_pitman.jpg

DSCF0837_zps3f15aea1.jpg

I found this sign years ago in a dumpster outside an old building that was being remodeled in Lincoln Nebraska, where I lived growing up. My Dad told me that Billy Wolff was a Harley/Cushman Scooter/Bicycle dealer in Lincoln. In fact there is a bike trail in Lincoln named after Billy. In the same dumpster there was an old wooden trunk full of WWI Army uniforms, they had gotten wet at some point and were rotten so I left them. Later I found out from an old time biker in Lincoln that Billy had been a motorcycle dispatch rider in the Army, hence the uniforms.

Enjoy, Marc

I have always looked for cool signs they are kinda hard to find without paying a ton for them I did run across a old Pure sign while looking at a bike I found on CL, asked If the sign was for sell the women said sure so I bought the bike and the sign. Got it home and found a spot on the shed to hang it I was stoked this was about 2 years ago at Thanksgiving went to my sister n laws for turkey day someone removed it from the shed damit they didn't even thank me for finding it for them, I can't stand a thief.

Chris,model-a

Seems the only signs I can afford are either modern or they are pretty well damaged. I do vinyl signs so I can duplicate most of the simpler signs pretty easily in vinyl, I made a bunch of Willys signs for my buddies. I've gotta start making more of them with paint.
The prices that real signs go for blow me away, I don't know what these guys do for a living that pay $5000 for an original large porcelean sign, but it sure isn't what I do.
I can remember the times when farmers grabbed the old signage and license plates to patch holes in their barns or put floorboards in their trucks.. if they only knew what the stuff would sell for now..

Seems the only signs I can afford are either modern or they are pretty well damaged. I do vinyl signs so I can duplicate most of the simpler signs pretty easily in vinyl, I made a bunch of Willys signs for my buddies. I've gotta start making more of them with paint.
The prices that real signs go for blow me away, I don't know what these guys do for a living that pay $5000 for an original large porcelean sign, but it sure isn't what I do.
I can remember the times when farmers grabbed the old signage and license plates to patch holes in their barns or put floorboards in their trucks.. if they only knew what the stuff would sell for now..

I would still cut one up to put in the floorboards of a rat rod!

Found some neat stuff on a pick yesterday....

A couple of vintage reflective road signs...This one, and a "Detour" sign

Not really a sign, but cool as heck!

And here are the two biggies.....NOS decals! The Golden Guernsey I think is meant for a window, it's maybe 15" long. The Esso I'm not sure if it's a reverse decal or regular. It's pretty big, the oval is maybe 18-20 inches in length! The Esso piece is for sale if anyone in interested :113:

The Esso appears to be made to mount on the inside of a window but that old application tape may be a problem to remove.. Whether the adhesive underneath is still good is anyone's guess.. What did you figure you wanted for it?

Latest posts

Back