• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Vintage 3-speed Coaster, 36 hole, Sturmey Archer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 15387

Inactive Account
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Convert your single speed coaster brake bike to a 3-speed coaster model with this Sturmey Archer TCW III hub. The hub is pretty clean on the outside and has new grease and oil on the inside. Bronze brake shoe is in good shape and brakes smoothly. Has a new shifter chain and is ready for lacing into your wheel. 36 hole shell will work with your balloon tire wheel, middleweight wheel, or Schwinn/Columbia lightweight wheel. Would be a nice, period addition for a 1960s-era middleweight.

Please be aware that you need to keep the shifter adjusted correctly to avoid having the hub spin in neutral (no brakes in neutral). This is part of the design and normal. It should not be a problem if you set up the hub correctly on your bike.

$50 shipped to you in the lower 48 states.

full

full

full

full

full

Cable: I suggest buying a universal pinch bolt S/A cable

Here

I don't suggest using old cables with TCW III hubs - a new cable is easier to keep adjusted. Do yourself a favor and buy a new cable (they're not expensive) for a TCW hub.

Sure, you got it on the shifter - I'll throw in this 1950s-era Sturmey shifter with the hub. Has a new mounting screw and nut.

full

$40 shipped in the lower 48 for both the hub and shifter - that's a buyer-friendly price these parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back