Velo Jardin-1948 Westfield..COMPLETED!!!! (Video)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:shock: Ok, so this is the bike that supported my pumpkins and squash in the garden for several years. The bike was found under a pile of junk and paid $5 for it. The bike was definitely a garden ornament and spent some time chained to a tree in the front yard for awhile.

I thought this might be a good starter build for me. The bike name reflects its home for the past several years.

Momma JATS

Re: Velo Jardin

Thank you! :lol:

Welcome to the fun and madness. Love that chain ring a lot.
Good luck.

kingfish254 said:
Welcome to the fun and madness. Love that chain ring a lot.
Good luck.

Thank you! I love that chain ring too!

That bike has fared very well for being a yard ornament, give it a few months here in humidity land and that thing would be locked up tight with rust!

yoothgeye said:
That bike has fared very well for being a yard ornament, give it a few months here in humidity land and that thing would be locked up tight with rust!

Actually....I am currently working on that little matter. A case of P B Blaster has my name on it! :roll:

But the climate here is very low humidity.....have to have a talk with the dummy who decided to use the bike as decoration. *Goes and looks at self in the mirror* :oops:

Will have some more pics this weekend!

Laurie aka as Momma JATS

LukeTheJoker said:
Beautiful starting point Momma JATS!

Luke.

Thanks! I will post some pics later today. I am a very slow-poke according to some but there was this fable about a tortoise and the hare... :wink:

Momma JATS

your frame will be in the stand tomorrow thanks for loaning me my stand today.

xddorox said:
If it was me, I figure nature took care of the finish. I would clear coat that frame and call it a day. :)
I am definitely considering allowing the "patina" to remain with some slight embellishment.

I am just tickled the PB Blaster has made it possible for me to start taking the bike apart. Even the crank arms are moving some. :roll:

Laurie

PB Blaster is great stuff, isn't it?
You won't get any complaints from RRBers about leaving patina on anything.

left you an addition on your bike

Jats

jats said:
left you an addition on your bike

Jats

Honey, the little bathtub is for your bike and too small for the remodel.

Yesterday was very productive as my bike is in the rack:

I have stripped the bike down to the frame and forks...I am waiting for the PBB to work magic on the forks in hopes I do not need to replace them.

Soooo....

.The crown nut is cracked and needs to be replaced.
.The front axle is shattered.
.The crank arms have AS & CO stamped on them... :D
. Only dropped one washer on the floor...didn't find it. :cry:
. Still puzzled by the Serial number...looks like 123.

I will post some pics later today.

Momma JATS aka as Laurie

Update:

A big hank you to Troy for teaching me how to use a new toy.

Learned to use the "sawzall " today to cut goose neck off....played with heat...didn't work...did you know PB Blaster is flame-able?

Guess I am going to learn how to do some welding...fun!

So I pulled steel slivers out of Troy's hands after he took back the rack to work on Wilfred and did something for his forks.

I promise tomorrow I will post pictures of my dismantled bike and bag of parts.

Really tired and headed to bed.

Laurie

Laurie Thom said:
Update:

A big hank you to Troy for teaching me how to use a new toy.

Learned to use the "sawzall " today to cut goose neck off....played with heat...didn't work...did you know PB Blaster is flame-able?

Guess I am going to learn how to do some welding...fun!

So I pulled steel slivers out of Troy's hands after he took back the rack to work on Wilfred and did something for his forks.

I promise tomorrow I will post pictures of my dismantled bike and bag of parts.

Really tired and headed to bed.
thank you for the sliver removal! you will love welding!
Laurie

Looks like it's the Jats versus the Macs in the husband and wife sub build off. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back