Varsity Build-Off? Any Interest?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovin' that camelback Varsity. Very nice ride, but is that a bottle cage at the left rear dropout?

My Varsity frame that sorta inspired this thread, I donated it to this project my buddies and I are doing for this awesome guy with limited use in his left arm. But, I just picked up a Collegiate on CL for cheap... complete except the saddles/wheels. We're using some of those bits on the one-handed Varsity; i'm still not sure what i'm doing with the Collegiate but the front triangle is identical to the varsity.... the stays are slacker and longer. It'll clear 27s or fat 700c's with ease....
Yeah thats a bottle cage on there and it works great,I do that on a number of different bikes.This bike is from 1977 and has the 27" tires and is a quick roller.Got it off the local CR about a year ago and over the winter swapped out the parts.I'm keeping it for vacations for an easier tow than my choppers.
Hey,just wanted to say "hats off and a handshake" for you and your worthy cause and your friends for helping someone in need,some big eyeballs up there are watching and smiling!! :thumbsup:

Thanks, BTP.
:)
I've been coaching SO Cycling for a few years now, and I have to admit, I learned a lot of ideas about adaptable builds from the athletes and their bikes. It's cool to modify a bike in such a way that it can work for someone who would otherwise not ride....

My varsity build its a little modified 27x1-1/4 super comp wheels h/p tires specialized bottom bracket schwinn mattress seat Do a comp weimann brakes gold dot levers was a 18" 24" wheel frame chopped and fitted for 27" wheels
0513191124.jpg
0513191632a.jpg
0513191632b.jpg
0519191605.jpg
0519191604.jpg

Latest posts

Back