Upside Down Xcess - Finished - New You Tube 8/6/12

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Upside Down Xs - Some Progress to Report 7/8/12

That's some purdy paint!!!
I need to get my parts ready for paint at some point.

Re: Upside Down Xs - Some Assembly Required 7/11/12

With outside temps in the high 90'sF and high humidity, I decided to bring at least one small job indoors in the A/C tonight.

I assembled the rack for Upside Xs in the cool. Except for about 20 trips back out in the garage to get one needed tool after another.... :?

Anyway, here it is ready to go on the bike.

DSC02374640.jpg

I always love the look of these flipped bikes... but that paint came out splendid! You're bike from last year(photo'd in front of the old Petrified Wood Gas Station near my childhood home) was one of my two favorites in the build-off and you're really showing your range going in a completely different direction this year. Thumbs up.

Thank you folks, I really appreciate the kind words.

I'm just building this the way I've wanted to for awhile now.

I'm not really competing for votes, there's really a high and wide range of talent and creativity here.
Just glad to be a small part of it.

Green P1, I'm wracking my brain for a good place to get the final pictures of this one.
Decatur has some great backdrops, but I've already used your town.

I should have named last year's "Eighter from Decatur" .... :D :D

I really like the looks of the new geometry. I"ll be watching for more photos. Nice so far. :D

Re: Upside Down Xs - Together Again - 7/15/12

I got the frame out today and put everything together, hopefully for the final time.

There are still a number of things that need to be adjusted, but, it will look pretty much like this:

image5553.jpg

image5552.jpg

image5551.jpg

image5550.jpg

image5548.jpg

image5549.jpg

image5555.jpg

image5545.jpg

image5547.jpg

image5554.jpg

image5546.jpg

Looks nice and comfy :wink: I like the small details.Gives it a nice finished look.Great job 8) 8)

Now that's some relaxed angles, came out pretty sweet.

Sweet flipped laid back hotness!!!

ragged,

I went to Home Depot and checked out the drawer pull selection (drawer knobs you might call them).
Most of them are just the right size to cover the european BB. Your choice of color and design.

JB Weld glued them in.

BTW: this idea came from Mrs jerrykr when we were brainstorming what might fit/work.

The stick on bumpers for where the fork hits the top tube were from Pep Boys in the section where they have all the stick on door trim, etc.
They have various shapes to choose from.

There's a guy on eBay right now selling those little glass reflectors - new for about $9 shipped.
Old ones are pricey $30 and up. He has a big selection, cut glass, smooth, many colors.

Package had 6 or 8 bumpers for $6.99 - I think, don't quite remember. Anyway close to that. They had round ones too.

Re: Upside Down Xcess - Video View- 7/22/12

SCHWEEEETTT!!!!
You really need a photo of someone on it for one of you photos. You don't really appreciate the stance and how stretched out it is without someone on it.

BRAVO!!!

Latest posts

Back