Updated Bullet Light

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm not very good when it comes to electronics...I asked on another forum, but all I received was a "good luck...let me know how it turns out!"

I really want to use older headlight "frames" (bullet/teardrop lights) and put an LED light inside. The old lights really suck for light output, and I want to ride my rod at night, and be Legal (and safe!!!).

Has anyone done this? Has anyone tried? Could someone help???

I had a hard enough time on the wiring of my girlfriends '49 Ford truck (i'm getting a wiring kit...my work blows!) i KNOW i can't do the LED thing...

HELP!!!

I know MAG industries...makers of the MAG Lite...makes a LED replacement bulb that you would just swap for a normal bulb. I know some guys at work have done it and have no complaints. I do believe they retail for about $26 Canadians. Thewy are rated for 2 or 3 cell Lites.

i would think it would not be too hard to do. just get a small led bike light that is round and could be hidden in the light. then cut a larger hole in the center and locate the light somehow (thats your job :) ). then wire in a switch and wallllllah. i was thinking of doing the same thing maybe i will try it and let you guys know how it goes.

Latest posts

Back