UnOfficialMusclecar/Bike Buildoff

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats one of my favorite shifter's I will get one someday, Well the past few days I have been fighting major pain!!!! Crazy little thing called Diapoticulitus lets just say OUCH!!!! so I had to spend my bike money on medicine.....I knew there was a reason for the extra cushion on the build time.

Take your time and get well. I'm short on time here myself. But I ordered a seat and got my Portholes cut in.

Hope you get well, the shifter I never seen one like that before I got this one and it was kind of a fluke deal I was asking about some regular handlebar type shifters to modify and make a similar set-up when he said hang on and came walking back with that in his hand, and I knew I had to have it especially when he told me how much

I built my shifters 'T-handle' by cutting some little discs out of 1/4" alum. with a couple hole saws in my craftsman drill press.

P1012778.jpg

P1012785.jpg

Drilled some speed holes in the handle.

P1012784.jpg

I think I may go with a different seat post more like this with a slight kick back. I also got the rear brake bosses welded on.

P1012783.jpg

Good Guy Alert! Thanks Rob aka NLCTVWguy picked up the frame, blasted it and dropped it back off. Top notch guy in my book.

The blasted frame:

P1012787.jpg

P1012786.jpg

Hard to find Buick OEM rustoleum metallic apple red: :lol: (note the price tag, no cost was spared!)

P1012789.jpg

P1012790.jpg

P1012791.jpg

Matches the new seat nicely:

P1012794.jpg

For this bike I'm using a mix of new, old and homemade parts if ya' ain't noticed already.

Got some work done on the springer, I am still fabbing up a bracket for the top of the spring to headset, the wheels still need to be painted and I still need to finish paint on the frame and such along with building a seat post to bring it way back,the rain is setting me back with the paint :x to be continued[img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/holyrollin72/cannon006.jpg[/img]

wish i'd noticed this sooner, i would have entered my dragster. :)
IMG_3073.jpg

oh well, build offs almost here.

great builds guys love the theme.

I didn't like the shade of red I painted it so I picked up some Duplicolor Metal specs OEM Buick Red. I scuffed everything with 220 wet paper and top coated it and cleared it with duplicolor clear. I like this alot better.

P1012799-1.jpg

P1012797-1.jpg

P1012798.jpg

Thanks, it has a nice metalflake gitter that the pics didn't pick up. $12 a can though. Oh well, this may be the only bike I have a chance to do this year so I won't complain too much. :roll: :wink:

Looks Great!I love that red too I might have to do one of mine with that paint Had mine pretty much done other than the lights but I messed the paint up in quite a few spots :oops: so I need to go back and repaint it

Latest posts

Back