UnFair Lady

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
index.php

I think I know where this is going... ;)
Yep, I've had this idea on the shelf for almost two years now. Nothing like a build off to get the momentum going. A new tank is the sole reason for doing this. The rest of the bike will probably not change very much except for the fork and seat. I wish it had came with a blue seat, just don't think the flower pattern is going to make the cut!
Your going to play that game again ? First one to start , last to finish and then take first ?
I sure hope not! Well the last part would be nice but certainly not the last to finish part!
I think she's a Fairlady!
Not for long. :21:

Yep, I've had this idea on the shelf for almost two years now. Nothing like a build off to get the momentum going. A new tank is the sole reason for doing this. The rest of the bike will probably not change very much except for the fork and seat. I wish it had came with a blue seat, just don't think the flower pattern is going to make the cut!

Holy frijole, a 20" convertible tank. This is HUGE. Imagine all the pristine girls' bikes out there that can be saved instead of cannibalized for roached-out boys' frames...

Can't wait to see the new tank design! +1 on ParkRNDL as per the girls frames that could use this upgrade. It will also perpetuate the MBBO on into infinity and beyond!
RaT oN~!

A new TRM tank? This is gonna be cool. Similar design or something completely new? Either way, I'm watching for sure!!!

Here's where it stands as of last night.
TRM Stingray Convertible 1.jpg

It can (and probably will) change a little or a lot as I get into actually sculpting the shape on the bike. I'm thinking no headlights this time so that a springer fork can be used. Need to buy a fork before I get started.

Hadn't considered a shift console. :39:
Because you're not a muscle bike guy... yet! :D

Here's a thought: You've got the other tanks. What if I wanted to build a 24" or 26" bike with a shift console from a girl's frame? Could you design some sort of removable... or at least cutable... panel, where you could drop a TRM Console (patent pending) into the TRM tank?

Just thinking out loud.

Because you're not a muscle bike guy... yet! :D

Here's a thought: You've got the other tanks. What if I wanted to build a 24" or 26" bike with a shift console from a girl's frame? Could you design some sort of removable... or at least cutable... panel, where you could drop a TRM Console (patent pending) into the TRM tank?

Just thinking out loud.
That's a good idea.
I created a shifter for Quoise last year but it was too complicated to reproduce for public consumption. The internals would be the hard part. I would need to either make a simple shift mechanism or find an existing generic shifter that I could modify easily.

I'm open to suggestions on a cheap shifter @CRASH .:happy:

The rough cut tank halves are finally started. As usual I'm using HDU to make the plug.

IMG_1507.JPG

The first thing to do is make it fit over the frame. There's much more left to carve but this is a good start to show me where to cut.
IMG_1509.JPG

Latest posts

Back