underrated bikes/ girls bike buildoff progress/ beginning photos

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
due to this post being for progress photos for the underrated bikes build off, please keep all posts to progress and build photos as much as i appreciate comments i want to keep the post strictly for progress photos please feel free to comment on the first post if you wish and thank you and have fun guys

DSC_2561 (3).JPG

Think I found my girl...a 1961 Columbia Firebolt...extra rough. Just kind of stumbled over it on CL last night.

well some progress on my entry her name will be Betty boop influenced by the classic cartoon i decided to dedicate this entire build to miss Betty boop plans are a satin black finish with pink lace paintwork and pink spokes 24 inch wheels here is what i got so far basically torn ll down and determining what needs repairing and what will be replaced my toughest work is these fenders they are rough!!!!! but i have been known as one of the best body men in the car industry back in my days so i think i can handle it i may bob the rear fender but not sure yet here is ll the part i have to work on and what was removed from the bike still have to get a wheel set for it my starting point junkyard fresh
88425_9373208efb3318e3e2c4f701732b0c04.jpg
I have removed most of the parts and will begin cleanup and paint/rust removal next the frames pretty solid even though it is ugly
100_2926.JPG
all these parts will be used the fenders need to be worked on and dents popped out and cleaning the rear is the worse so i may chop it going to use fiberglass on the seat to strengthen it up not sure if the headlight works or not but i will still use it
100_2927.JPG
this rear fender is rough!!!! this is where i may cut it since it is so ugly and dented but who knows i may smooth it up
100_2928.JPG

thats all for now more updates soon

Latest posts

Back