Uncanny Canti

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Someone, either a manufacturer or individual, did a nice job on this canti frame. The seller told me he bought it from someone who stretched the frame and filled the space between the top bars. To me, it looks factory. What do you think? Have you seen this frame before? Anyhow, I tore it down and added a BMX 24" fork with 1.5 by 26 wheel and tire, 3-piece crankset, 7-spd Shimano hubset, nice BMX stem and cool handlebars. Painted the frame matte teal. Just waiting for a seatpost and I need to properly attach the shifter cable. Then it will be road ready. Because of the smaller front tire, I may have to switch to shorter crank arms.
20210307_090556.jpg
20210307_090607.jpg

Agreed. Everything is so clean, the welds are so smooth. Never seen anything like that from a factory, but maybe there's a custom shop or something. Looks like a custom motorcycle. Either a lot of time, or a lot of money was put into that beauty.

Whoever did the work on that frame did an awesome job!
Love the color too.
Any idea the make/model of those bars? I would love a set for my strandie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The bars came off a bike I bought a while ago. I don't know a thing about them. Wish I could be of more help.

Dude, you nailed it.
Any significance to the number 5? Any car racers in your family? Speed Racer fan, lol?

I don't think it is getting in the way, I didn't even notice it! Can we get some detail pics, especially of the area ahead of the seat post, where it transitions between the top bar and canti bars?

Yeah man, thanks, that's some smooth bodywork. The whole line where the flat panel on the tank meets the curved tube has really even transitions, and the section around the seatpost is a sculpture. Really cool. The paint seems to shift colors depending on light

The bars came off a bike I bought a while ago. I don't know a thing about them. Wish I could be of more help.

That’s cool, I just scored a set of nickel plated Velo Orange Klunker bars that look just like them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back