umm, the trashy higgins...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most def. a work-in-progress. im leaving it bare metal/rust and spraying flat clearcoat. this could quite possibly be the rattiest bike ive ever built. questions/comments welcome.

100_0554.jpg

100_0555.jpg

Leave it just like that!!! Maybe some "blade forks" or a straight springer... I Dig IT!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

dude, that seat has got to go... other than that, perfect! love the bars/grips!

lol saw that as well cool bike though. that is the same frame as the one i used on my jc higgins boardtracker. (the olive drab one on the gallery page with the profile sprocket) if anyone has one of these they want to get rid of let me know i am looking for another since i sold the higgins to my boss.

tomb said:
dude, that seat has got to go... other than that, perfect! love the bars/grips!

i dont really like the seat either, i just had it laying around for mock-up purposes. a guy i know around here has a few vintage hairpin saddles. i'll probably end up paying him a visit.

about the headset-this is just a mock-up. notice it's presently without a crankset as well...

eh a true rat does not need any stinking headset lol if yours is like mine unless you have the original you will find that a 1 1/8th fits it. so you have to get headset reducers that will allow you to use a 1 inch headset

karfer67 said:
if yours is like mine unless you have the original you will find that a 1 1/8th fits it. so you have to get headset reducers that will allow you to use a 1 inch headset

i got this fork off of a mountain bike. it fits, and the original headset cups have been installed...

Latest posts

Back