TWENTY2...In the midnight hour!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
To say I cut this close is an understatement. I would first of all like to thank Kingfish254 for kicking me in the butt to enter the BB07 and RatRod for hosting such a class site! I would equally like to thank my beautiful wife, Emily, and my daughters Alison, Audra, and Elise for buying this bike for me in the first place and supporting me over the past couple of months.

So, here's the back story...TWENTY2 started life as a Walmart OP "Roller"...and I just went WILD from there. Inspiration came from so many places...this website, old board trackers, choppers, cafe racers...the list goes on. I wanted to build something that you need to look at over and over again to catch the small elements that make up the whole bike...plus I wanted it to be a RIDER!

Here's the build list...

Walmart OP Roller frame with a 1.5" shortened seat post tube stripped and cleared
26" stocker front rim (weinmann alloy)
24" weinmann alloy rim
Chopper style triple tree front end shortened 8.5" and painted black
Felt Thick/Quick bricks
Vintage moon bars narrowed 6" on each end and painted black
Felt "Devox" MTB lock on grips
Brooks B17 leather saddle in black
Custom "TWENTY2" tag
Puch Maxi headlight modded to run an 80 lumen LED set up, mounted with shortened Motorcycle head light ears.
Hand fabricated tank, backlit with 12" Red LED's
Custom license plate holder with LED tail lights
Free Agent BMX alloy neck
Black Alloy BMX pedals

62d018bc-6581-5bcd.jpg

62d018bc-658d-4bda.jpg

62d018bc-659a-a31c.jpg

62d018bc-65a9-4fa8.jpg

62d018bc-65b5-be8f.jpg

62d018bc-65da-af20.jpg

62d018bc-660e-5d6c.jpg

62d018bc-6618-b77f.jpg

62d018bc-6623-8a78.jpg

Thanks for looking! I know she's not a winner...but just being part of something so cool has been an honor!

... My daughter put wayyyyyy too much work into this for it not to be seen!

Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38XixTntEQ0&feature=youtu.be

I like it Alot!!! 8) :mrgreen:

Pretty nice for a Wal-mart bike :roll: One of my favorites, knocked it out of the park man !!!

Isn't this the bike you got as a present from your kids ? I bet dad's tools got a lot cooler if so :D

@CCR, yeah..this is the birthday present. I was up at work shooting the pics (I work for a Nissan Mazda Infiniti store), and a guy driving by stopped and tried to buy it from me for some serious cash...and told home to kick rocks!

Great looking bike :wink: Looks good with the triple trees and that wheelset 8)

Thanks guys! The wife, a couple of friends and me took our bikes out in downtown Sacramento last night, and apparently TWENTY2 was a big hit! It was pretty awesome.

Latest posts

Back