turnpike bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a couple weeks ago i bought some tubes, tires, and rim strips.
IMG_4914_zpsf9qgnbli.jpg

next spring bro. its to dang cold now

IMG_4918_zpsqvd830wl.jpg
to replace the crank i dug this shimano out of my parts bin and an orig 8 chainring.
ive heard of removing anodizing w/ oven cleaner. but i was impatient and just used a fine wire wheel.
7ae2b1a0-7349-414d-926b-5454abe64ebc_zps4seynmpy.jpg

the wire wheel will make the alum look very dull, but a little more time polishing will make 'em look good

ok, so. i should've stopped drinking and callled it a day, but noooo....
i decided speed holes was the way to go. sure i'd normally measure and lay he holes out just right, but i thought id just freehand 'em like they did in the old days.
besides, this aint a show bike. its a GO bike!
yes, i'm sure if i had an acurate enough scale i may have lightened the bike by a few grams, but i'm sure the performance/speed factor is immeasurable.
IMG_4933_zps7ewg74ro.jpg

IMG_4935_zps3ubhgqyf.jpg

IMG_4936_zpsej7oonqe.jpg

today i worked on modifying fasteners on my motorcycle and truck and than tried to fit an old chain to this bike..that aint gonna work.
the only $ left to put into this bike is a chain and bar wrap.
and how to paint the frame.
so i just polished the crank/BB hardware. i forgot where i got this part. i thought it was a cheapo piece. its a shimano.
IMG_4938_zpsynbaopgy.jpg

yesterday i decided to lighten up the seatpost.
i just eyeballed it. sorry no before or during pix.
center punched, pilot holes drilled, bigger holes drilled, than holes beveled. than polished.
took maybe 2 hours.
IMG_4939_zpswspohbfp.jpg

Last edited:
yesterday i decided to lighten up the seatpost.
i just eyeballed it. sorry no before or during pix.
center punched, pilot holes drilled, bigger holes drilled, than holes beveled. than polished.
took maybe 2 hours.
IMG_4939_zpswspohbfp.jpg
Are you worried about it bending now?
Sure looks good!

Luke.

nah, i aint worried. it's steel. it's still pretty stout....i think:grin:

Latest posts

Back