Turkey’s in your back yard!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 14 :dance2:
B77BFC4B-5DC1-480D-B5CC-59B13375E8FE.jpeg

Wow, I don't think I've seen that many together at once!

We had stinking Canada geese. We're surrounded by ponds, so we put out some floating blinking amber lights like construction barrels that are sold to get rid of them by keeping them up all night where they might be trying to sleep on the shore. Unlike the coyotes that I recorded attacking them, the light actually worked and they haven't been back for weeks. I wish the coyotes would come back and get some of these chipmunks, though.

I saw this outside my window with its mother and a couple other siblings a few weeks ago.

IMG_7437.jpg

We had stinking Canada geese. We're surrounded by ponds, so we put out some floating blinking amber lights like construction barrels that are sold to get rid of them by keeping them up all night where they might be trying to sleep on the shore. Unlike the coyotes that I recorded attacking them, the light actually worked and they haven't been back for weeks. I wish the coyotes would come back and get some of these chipmunks, though.

I saw this outside my window with its mother and a couple other siblings a few weeks ago.

View attachment 134048
Looks like a nice thanksgiving dinner is in the works!:21:

We have protected herds of Turkeys in our area. They block traffic, get scared up into trees around our house by cats, racoons, opossums, coyotes, etc...and won't come down for days because they are about the dumbest animals on earth...but, mostly harmless, just annoying. The city police have tags so that they can shoot destructive turkeys in the city limits...but, I believe it's only been done once.

Irony edit: our small town cops can shoot to kill a turkey for tearing up a garden or shed...but... Portland cops can't even arrest rioters and arsonists for trying to burn downtown Portland. Funny :headbang:.

Yeah they poo all over my yard! I love turkey gizzards! My buddy said wild turkeys have the best gizzards! Ours are definitely protected here in overregulated Californy. Just like the stupid seagulls and countless seals. The hunger problem has a simple solution. Unfortunately regulations make it a felony to eat those overpopulated annoying critters. Soapbox moment over!:emo:

Looks like a nice thanksgiving dinner is in the works!:21:
I had regular goose and thought it was gross. Can't imagine the wild stuff would be better. The snapping turtles might have agreed as the goose couple had a lot of goslings and none seemed to get taken.

"A problem turkey found itself at the Lebanon Soup Kitchen at about 2 p.m. on Oct. 27, after an officer dispatched the animal with a .410-bore shotgun in the 500 block of East Ash Street.

Two more may suffer a similar fate if residents continue to feed wild turkeys."

To be clear...we can hunt turkeys during season (month & half in the spring)...they are protected in city limits only. Though this state strives to emulate California, we aren't quite there yet :grin:.

"A problem turkey found itself at the Lebanon Soup Kitchen at about 2 p.m. on Oct. 27, after an officer dispatched the animal with a .410-bore shotgun in the 500 block of East Ash Street.

Two more may suffer a similar fate if residents continue to feed wild turkeys."

To be clear...we can hunt turkeys during season (month & half in the spring)...they are protected in city limits only. Though this state strives to emulate California, we aren't quite there yet :grin:.
Awesome and jeesh!

I had regular goose and thought it was gross. Can't imagine the wild stuff would be better. The snapping turtles might have agreed as the goose couple had a lot of goslings and none seemed to get taken.
I’ve always wanted to cook a goose! I love duck, is it similar?

I’ve always wanted to cook a goose! I love duck, is it similar?
It's like duck in the way that turkey is like chicken. I don't like duck, either, but if you do, you might like goose. I would say goose is the more bland of the two, though bland isn't really the right word.

I had wild goose once. One Christmas when I was a kid an uncle shot a goose and brought it to Grandma and Grandpa's for Grandma to cook for Christmas. She wrapped it in bacon. As I recall, it wasn't too bad. I guess the bacon helped.
Another time back before the turn of the century, Dad went to W VA (we lived in Ohio) with some buddies for fall turkey hunting. While he was gone, Mom got in on a contest at the grocery store to win a turkey. That year, Mom got the Thanksgiving turkey! She won and Dad didn't. LOL

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back