Tucker's Spaceliner Done , Done?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Tucker's Spaceliner Build "Knock off knock offs"

scrumblero said:
bean said:
scrumblero said:
where did the card full of tiny reflectors come from? :roll:

TAIWAN..........says so at the bottom right hand corner of the card :D :wink:

:lol: smart@$$.... :p

Why thank you very much.........I'm just keeping a good Aussie tradition going :D

I painted this thing 3 time's , I should have left it alone , but you are pretty have to get it right after you sand blast it , its not perfect but , I'm not painting it again

P7140175.jpg

1309887766.jpg

And the border , I didn't do that because it show cases my 3rd grade hand painting ability

I used to make 3D license plates with a vacuum form machine back in the day. The best way to paint raised letters is with a brayer (semi hard rubber roller with a handle). Preferrably wider than the tag. After painting the background color just roll the other color out on a piece of glass or clean metal & roll it across the tag. That's kind of how the old raised car tags were made also. I think it looks pretty good now though for hand painting. Just thought I would share that info in case you are not happy with it. Bike is lookin good! 8)

I just found this today...and half way through the thread....I junked my trunks! Un-frikkin'-believable! Thanks for all the tips along the way. Now, tell us about that little bike stand I see in the pics...does it really hold the bike steady??

Re: Tucker's Spaceliner Build (licence plate an head light)

socratesjpt said:
Gold Street Customs said:
Any chance of you showing up at Cyclefest ?, I noticed your beach cruiser Fremont /Newark add, just to let you know I used to cruise Fremont back in the eighties, but my 69 Chevelle used to use a little more gas.
I haven't heard about this send me some more info
This weekend !!!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38376

NewOrleansFlyer said:
I just found this today...and half way through the thread....I junked my trunks! Un-frikkin'-believable! Thanks for all the tips along the way. Now, tell us about that little bike stand I see in the pics...does it really hold the bike steady??
Thanks man , the stand gets the job done , for 36.90 free shipping on e bay , I can't complain the clamp is kinda loose on some bikes I just wrap the frame with a rag , works good for me

NewOrleansFlyer said:
Thanks man , the stand gets the job done , for 36.90 free shipping on e bay , I can't complain the clamp is kinda loose on some bikes I just wrap the frame with a rag , works good for me

Hey Socratesjpt,

The head badge is awesome! 8)
I need to steal the method but not before the end.
It will look good with the fenders.

Go Spaceliners!

Awesome head badge! 8)

Re: Tucker's Spaceliner Build last minute change

Gotta say I don't normally like Gold highlights and parts on bikes... but I'm digging it on yours...! Real nice balance of the three colors...in my top ten(?) bikes so far....

Re: Tucker's Spaceliner Build last minute change

whoinphx said:
Gotta say I don't normally like Gold highlights and parts on bikes... but I'm digging it on yours...! Real nice balance of the three colors...in my top ten(?) bikes so far....
Thanks man

Re: Tucker's Spaceliner Build "KRUZ3R MOB" , in the house

hello, i am an eternal noob when it comes to bike building. i have never seen any thing like your crank cap and when i google it, i just get cr@p like this
http://www.bikebling.com/Crank-Parts-at ... -s/366.htm
nothing wrong with it, of course, but it just frustrates me i cant learn more about this kind of crank decoration. does anyone have any more information on this kind of thing? what bikes had them, how to make them? etc.
thanks
socratesjpt said:
Here is the best picture I can Get of the crank cap
P6040540.jpg

Latest posts

Back