TRUE BARN FIND - MUSCLE & MORE JULY 19 2014

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sting Rays....Fastbacks & 1920 or earlier wooded wheeled with tires! Hard to see it in rear ...more photos tomorrow. I am going to start photographing them "in-situ" before disturbing them from their secret lair. Happy Happy!...plus loads of metal!

This is why I always insist in peeking around the corner of old buildings! For 20.00 dollars I grabbed this one up and future picking on the property. Lots of iron around. This was a springer front Schwinn @ 1946-48 (my guess) has solid iron trusses up front (need repaired) and complete skip-tooth sweetheart sprocket & crank.......it is now on a bike stand and seat remnant has been removed and the rusted (frozen) crank and fork assembly are now working! Amazing what a little squirt of Power-Blaster will do to break up rusted parts.................

Love the patina of father time..................gorgeous! It is going to keep this my friend with new bearings and a complete do-over...."The Boy is Back" and will be resurrected into a magnificent example of taking a throw-away and making a desired kool "Rustoration"......

My trusty old 85' Nissan 4x4 4cyl 5 speed go-anywhere truck! Had to show off some of my earlier barn-finds to enthusiasts at a local swap meet. The Swinger V was an instant celebrity! He went to a fine new home moments after arriving! Dig the shifters....one for gear selection and the other for braking! Instant coolness riding this baby!

Great stuff! I missed that Swinger V at the show, didn't get there till Sunday ....!

Nice bike, and nice finds along with it, congrats.

Latest posts

Back