Trousers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Back in the day you could be sporting a pair of these .

il_794xN.1934149972_sk2p.jpg

Back in the day you could be sporting a pair of these .

il_794xN.1934149972_sk2p.jpg
I got rid of a pair of these about 10 years ago. I traded them for a more modern pair of hunting pants at a local antique mall. I was still hunting in them but they got gooey, a little worn, full of blood and not worth dry cleaning.They were red and black wool deer hunting pants made by Soo Woolen Company, a local wool clothing factory, which went out of business in the early 1950s because everyone wanted that new nylon for hunting. They were canvas lined around the belt and the pocket liners were made of tan canvas. Problem is nylon doesn't keep you warm when wet and it's too noisy to stalk deer in. Soo swollen even made their own fabric, which was rough and heavy for hunting warmth. They had eyelets and lacing on the calf so they would fit inside boots (poots as we call em). Everyone liked them when I went to deer camp. I now have a pair of black and red wool deer hunting pants from the late 50s, which still has the canvas liners and buttons instead of zippers. No calf laces and they have stovepipe legs. I'm not sure why they had the MC Hammer upper half. I don't think they filled a purpose, it just must have been style as the tight lacing on the calf made them bind and uncomfortable when crawling (stalking not alcohol involved).

It is like when you cycle to much in the big ring and your thighs get BIG. Are you sure it is not made for big legged cyclists?

General Patton
gettyimages-119462675-612x612.jpg

Could it be to prevent chafing on the upper legs one could get from riding a bike or horse or from constantly going from a crouch to a standing position (hairy guy wants to know)?

OR, was John Wayne a real George Patton?

Kind of opposites, no? John Wayne made a living as a pretend tough guy, but avoided fighting in a war where James Stewart was able to pull strings to pilot a B-24 in the ETO. George Patton more or less believed he was born to fight and, almost fitting with the beliefs of his past lives, died in a freakishly dull manner shortly after the war ended as if his purpose had been fulfilled.

Latest posts

Back