"Trot Rot"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh cool, a rolling chassis.
:bigsmile::bigsmile: That's the literal definition of a scooter.

Twice in just a few days I'm saying this.

That's just cooler than dangit.

Falstaff, Thanks!

You know what I really "appreciate"?...I never thought a SCOOTER thread in a Build Off, would get as much attention as it did. I really appreciate all the people that checked in, and gave positive responses. Next stop is paint and "Finished Builds".....Thanks everyone!

IMG_2470.JPG
IMG_2710 (1).JPG

It's painted! I'm not sure I like the color of the shackles. I might paint them black or almost ALL blue instead. Just have to tighten all the nuts and bolts, put some grips and a front brake on.....and I think I be done.

IMG_2712.JPG
IMG_2714.JPG

I'd say more blue and less primer, but it looks sick either way.
Great looking build!

A conversation on Falstaff's "Super Cruiser Restomod" build thread went like this:

Well, the weather here has been crap on a stick. Between the rain and high humidity when it's not raining, I haven't been able to paint.

Anyone else having this issue?
I'm beginning to wonder if I'll be able to get it finished by the 28th.

The paint job, I'm planning, on my build...I can even do it in the rain, if I had to.:smug:

I laugh when I hear people talk about humidity. :113:
Good luck with the painting.

When I painted Trot Rot, yesterday, The humidity level was about 82% and the temp was 94*. I LOVE painting in that weather, Almost impossible to get a run, and it's dry in 5 minutes.....In my defense, I was going for a crappy finish look, and I think I achieved it.

In the past one of my favorite spots to paint was using one of the trees in my yard. Ropes, wires, cables, pulleys, whatever it took. Last year I had all my trees taken down..........But I couldn't let my old tree friend stop doing his job....This is where Trot Rot was painted.

So to finalize: My scoot was painted with 82% humidity, a temp of 94*...on a tree stump. Then hung out to dry on a smoker.

100_0099.JPG

100_0097.JPG

Who could ask for a more trustworthy paint booth than a friendly stump?

A conversation on Falstaff's "Super Cruiser Restomod" build thread went like this:

When I painted Trot Rot, yesterday, The humidity level was about 82% and the temp was 94*. I LOVE painting in that weather, Almost impossible to get a run, and it's dry in 5 minutes.....In my defense, I was going for a crappy finish look, and I think I achieved it.

In the past one of my favorite spots to paint was using one of the trees in my yard. Ropes, wires, cables, pulleys, whatever it took. Last year I had all my trees taken down..........But I couldn't let my old tree friend stop doing his job....This is where Trot Rot was painted.

So to finalize: My scoot was painted with 82% humidity, a temp of 94*...on a tree stump. Then hung out to dry on a smoker.

View attachment 56390

View attachment 56391
If I were building for me, I'd be finished. I'm trying to make the customer happy.

If/when I build a scooter I don't know if it'll be ratty or not.

If I were building for me, I'd be finished. I'm trying to make the customer happy.

If/when I build a scooter I don't know if it'll be ratty or not.
Just "bustin" ya...I've never built a bike for someone else. I don't know if I could live up to ANYBODY'S expectations. I know the problem you had was: What's in your head......wasn't in the owner's head. If I ever did a build for someone, it would take me a week to get the handlebars set a just the right angle..... I used to do shiny, two tone paint jobs.....And then get mad when they got scratched. That's why I like ratty, a scratch improves the look.

I wanna know how sketchy the steering is...:giggle:
Cuz it looks cooler than dangit...

Merle :crazy:
I've made and ridden a number of bikes (KOTA forks), that have a lot of negative trail. I mentioned in another thread, yesterday, that N/T has a definite learning curve....But you can get used to it, and ride comfortably. What you have to learn is what the limits are on each ride. It's like learning to ride all over again. I'm not going to have a problem with this scoot. But I wouldn't recommend it to anyone that's never been on a full size kickbike before.

Thanks! I really like the way it looks too!

I did the "KOTA" fork on my stormtrooper build, the handling took a second to get use to. But it's now easy to ride.

Dude came out great I like the color as is but maybe a tail light or two & you can't go wrong with a head light. But that's just me thinking out loud & sometimes I'm to
Loud [emoji6] .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've made and ridden a number of bikes (KOTA forks), that have a lot of negative trail. I mentioned in another thread, yesterday, that N/T has a definite learning curve....But you can get used to it, and ride comfortably. What you have to learn is what the limits are on each ride. It's like learning to ride all over again. I'm not going to have a problem with this scoot. But I wouldn't recommend it to anyone that's never been on a full size kickbike before.

Thanks! I really like the way it looks too!
Nice. I've actually done a couple "KOTA" style bent forks before I'd ever seen any of yours. When someone mentioned it I had to go look you up! I'm glad you're back. I can dig the negative trail, but was curious with the kickbike... Thanks.

Guitarl.

Well, I rode it for the first time today. Absolutely love it! A lot faster than I anticipated, considering the components I used. Old MTB front wheel w/sealed bearings and the BMX GT wheel from the 90's, w/sealed bearings....The brakes need new pads. Thirty year old pads just don't do it. OH! It steers perfectly....Gotta go....Kicking!

Latest posts

Back