"Trot Rot"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, now I'm thinking that one of these needs to be in my stable one day.
Does it flex much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It "squats" just a little, from the tires. I weigh 260lbs. and it doesn't scrape (that's me on the Harley on page 6). If it did scrape, I have taller black wall tires for it, or I could just slide the shackles to a slightly more forward position, but it's fine

Last edited:
Granddaughter came over today. She took the scoot out for a test.

100_0194.JPG
100_0195.JPG

Looks like she enjoyed it. Any feedback from the younger generation? :bigsmile:

That smile says it all!!!
It's really cool to get the visual reference of seeing this bad ride in use!
If I didn't say it already, it has been a blast to have you back on the forum for this build off brother!!!

That smile says it all!!!
It's really cool to get the visual reference of seeing this bad ride in use!
If I didn't say it already, it has been a blast to have you back on the forum for this build off brother!!!
Thanks! Much appreciated....I had a great time building this. Although the BO is smaller, the talent is much bigger. I've really enjoyed watching EVERY bike getting built. Bike building has evolved over the last ten years or so. I still like simple builds, but I've enjoyed the complex and highly engineered builds immensely. Glad to see that you're still "king" of the doodaddery (that a word?).

I was just checking the action shot of your ride and came up with a possible ebrake... Seems to me that if you turned the wheel hard the front of the frame would drop down. So a piece of say... car tire tread on the bottom would make for a nice abrupt stop. Probably send you over the bars at that... maybe not so great of an idea...

Merle :crazy:

I was just checking the action shot of your ride and came up with a possible ebrake... Seems to me that if you turned the wheel hard the front of the frame would drop down. So a piece of say... car tire tread on the bottom would make for a nice abrupt stop. Probably send you over the bars at that... maybe not so great of an idea...

Merle :crazy:
Already tried it. Not good to turn ANY two wheeled scoot or bike hard. Turn that one to the left, bottom of frame swings right, but didn't scrape, but you will fall off.....It took her a few minutes to get used to it. I'm used to riding bikes with that much rake or negative trail. So when she saw the old man blast down the street and do a circle, she didn't want to be shown up and learned pretty quickly. I'm impressed with how easy this thing glides, and it handles a lot better than I thought it would. Although there is a saying for kickbikes: If it don't scrape, it ain't low enough.

I say go scooter, drift trikes are all over the place.
What's that saying? Once you go scooter, you won't go back?

Last edited:
Kicking that scooter is a piece of cake, after riding these!:giggle:

DSC04727.JPG
001-251.JPG

006-4.JPG

Last edited:
Before I started this build, I told the wife of member "PeterBuilt", that I wanted to build something in his memory. It's been a few years since his passing. I was starting to lose my ambition for building, so he inherited most of my parts. He absolutely LOVED entering the yearly BO. He wasn't to proficient with writing or putting words to paper. He used to ask me to log in, under his name, and correct any grammar or spelling (I miss that).
To do this build, I needed a few parts. PeterBuilt's wife gave me the phone number of the gentleman that received the majority of his (my old) parts. He gladly gave me whatever I asked for, what I didn't use I returned back to him.
So I dedicate this build to a friend, neighbor, and fellow builder Pete Butura AKA PeterBuilt.

R.I.P. my friend

PeterBuilt.jpg

Latest posts

Back