Trinidad Colorado New Chainring

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trinidad Colorado Bike She's a Rocker!

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure of the color at first but I think I really like it now. Havent riden it yet but it sets on fine. Got the chain on,needed to modify kickstand and reverse the rear sprocket on the Inter-4 rear end. Bought cables and have them pretty much run. I have to get a longer shifter cable housing as its a long trip. I should have bought some braze on cable mounts and not run housing the full distance maybe next time. I just realized that none of my built bikes has a coaster brake! just what I had around I guess.Got some 1/8 " brown pin stripe tape on order for the wheels. It should be ready for the show and ride on the 22th I still have to make the battery tube which will reside in the steerer tube and a tail light and my RRB member tag.
1/4 spacer/anti twist plate

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
chainline is right on

I guess I could have in 1965 considered myself a "Mod" with my warton coat and beatle boots and Vox guitar.....But when I got the bars and wheels on this girl she's a "Rocker" made me think of the Who's
Quadraphenia movie. need to buy a chain and dig out some cables. I finished this up today between painting 6 lite window sashes.
dscf2822j.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-10-08

:D Made me think of this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-XxZtyM6Qk&noredirect=1

Rick thats funny! :lol: Are you going to the show / ride on the 22? Skipton I ordered a Giro Section brown leather covered helmet so G&T don't think I'm a mope! :lol: Or Cool!

Vox Typhoon? Nice!

I have a mid 60's Vox Tornado in that same color. It has been my main guitar for 20 years now.

Skipton yea I got the brn leather one should be here for the 22nd . Ditchdigger its a Vox Wildcat fat hollow body got it in 1965 sold to me by Rockfords own Rick Nielson of Cheap Trick at his parents music store . Got the cables on the bike tonight after the City of Geneva Bicycle /ped. comm. meeting.

Wouldn't a set of these Felt 24" x3 Berm Masters look good on 24 " rims for this bike !

Got the shifter,brakes and Led lighting done tonight. The 3 AA batterys are in the steerer tube. I got my new Giro leather covered skate helmet today also fits like a.....well helmet.I cleaned and distressed the seat then oiled it.
My to do list is :
1) pinstripe (tape) the wheels
2) leather fork tube bumpers to protect the frame paint
3) block out pedal reflectors till I get some better looking ones.
4) Build a taillight self contained
5) Mount RRB member tag for the show.

Re: Trinidad Colorado Bike She's a Roller!

FYI, Dr. Peckerwrecker in Tdad passed away. Some of his/her patients still live there but its not a bad place.

Thats a lot of work to do to a frame, you are a visionary. Im stuck with what frames find me. I have room to wrench but nowhere to weld or paint. Good luck with your bike, it looks fun.

Got the wheels pinstriped in brown 1/8" tape, leather wrap on fork tubes for frame bumpers and the name tag mounted. Tomorrow I think I gotta ride it..seems to fit well just setting on it we shall see.Just need to fab up a self contained LED tail light for the show next week.

You build such cool bikes! I especially like those struts under the seat. :)

Re: Trinidad Colorado Bike Done!

Decided to take the first test ride today...took it to work only a few small tighten up stuff problems. I think a smaller chain ring will be on my list of to do's.

dscf2834i.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-10-21

dscf2835wg.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-10-21

dscf2836o.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-10-21

dscf2839.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-10-21

dscf2843h.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-10-21

dscf2845z.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-10-21