Trinidad Colorado New Chainring

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trinidad Colorado Bike Bar mount headlamp

Got the headlamp shell and mount done. Made out of scrapped emergency light lamp housing and another stem bit the dust for the mount. Next a 3watt LED for ilumination. Wanted old motorcycle look.

dscf2810i.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-09-29

dscf2808le.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-09-29

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Light looks great! .... Just a month ago they changed some of the emergency lights at work I have been kicking myself for not grabbing some
of the old ones :x

I thought they would look cool!....... Great Job!

Thanks guys. I am going to convert the 6 volt bulb housing to a 3watt Led from a menards 2 pak for $19 flashlight. the bulb housing is plastic so I stripped off the contacts and belt sanded off the back till I sanded through the reflector. The hole is a bit big so I am going to do a hole saw cut to the otherone for a smaller hole. The LED module unscrews from the flashlight the regulator /flasher is in the tail end of the fl so I will make this the light sw either in the steerer tube where the batterys will be or on the bottom of the alum light housing. Oh and the lens snaps off the reflector so its real easy to work on. The alum lamp housing had a sealed beam glass bulb the plastic bulb came from a plastic emergency light head.

Got the frame sandblasted for paint. and did a little more work on the light electronics and housing. Chopped up the flashlight to use for nuts to secure LED and sw/regulator/flasher. and cut another reflector with a smaller hole for LED puck

Mounted LED

LED front view and sw mount hole on bottom of housing.

Man this build is great... awesome work .. and I'm so jealous I've cut up like 4 flash lights and still cant get any one to work in a light... :lol: :lol:

That has to be one of the coolest bikes I have seen. makes me wish I had a welder got a bike I wanna mod badly

Thanks guys keeps me motivated. Jaysmo post photos on your light problems I'll try to long distance help. Bikebum this welder I bought is my favorite tool Tig is so clean and fun mig I havent tried but is more affordable. Take a jr college class if you have time or find a willing traidsman friend that will show you the ropes thats what I did . Skipton "What Brown Can do You" ups slogan I think. Yep brown still not sure but going to go for it maybe cream wheels. May go to the car show next wed and see the pinstripper some cream and orange stripping might look good on frame and top of headlight. Second coat of brown tonight roller by sun I hope.

Re: Trinidad Colorado Bike Color

Still not sure on the color a textured Rustolium brown but I'm going to see how it looks on wheels.

Re: Trinidad Colorado Bike She's a Rocker!

I guess I could have in 1965 considered myself a "Mod" with my warton coat and beatle boots and Vox guitar.....But when I got the bars and wheels on this girl she's a "Rocker" made me think of the Who's
Quadraphenia movie. need to buy a chain and dig out some cables. I finished this up today between painting 6 lite window sashes.

dscf2822j.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-10-08

dscf2824.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-10-08

dscf2825t.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-10-08

Latest posts

Back