Trinidad Colorado New Chainring

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This one wanted a gender reassignment soooooo bad so when I was in Denver I made a side trip to Trinidad for some ideas.....

Frame from Markm ....not sayin anything...but why was she so sure?
dscf2730.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-08-19

Minor "front end" surgery 1 1/8 " steerer to 1"
dscf2731t.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-08-19

dscf2732l.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-08-19

Stage 1 done.
dscf2733f.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-08-19

dscf2734y.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-08-19

In the recovery room healing for more recronstructive surgery

dscf2748t.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-08-25

Re: Trinidad Colorado Bike

Looking for another one of these I need 2 has sr cast in an oval and the # 5355 on stem

dscf2760k.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-08-27

dscf2761p.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-08-27

Cut a 52 Spitfire bar in 1/2 going to weld in a new section for a wide old school moto bar. using double clamps if I can find another matching one.

dscf2753.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-08-27

Got my tires and wheels together. Nexus inter4 wheels w drum brake left over from the Etrike motor doner bike rims will be painted and striped. $ 12 Cheng Shin c-241 26x 2.125 I love these cheep tires.
sorry Fat Frank guys (Skipton) also cut handle bar in 1/2 I think I'm going for 25" tip to tip with a cross brace.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Awesome! How did you build the fork? I mean, where did you get the crowns? Can you buy those or did you make them? I am wanting something exactly like you did but a little bit taller. ;) I want to do the double clamp thing also. I hope. If you did the fork yourself, would you be interested in making one for me?

Big Daddy thanks for the compliment. The fork is from a cheap dumpster dive dual susp. walmart or something junker i kept the tripple trees
and the back "shock" and sent the rest to the metal salvager. The fork legs were un bolted and trashed and replaced with 1" SS tube
I still have to weld and fab some dropouts. The bike was one of those y frame things supp. to look like a downhill MTB. mine could turn into a single leaf springer
who knows!

Crud. I guess I'll just have to keep my eyes open. There are a lot of those riding around here, I'll just have to wait until someone 'dumps' one. :p

I went out to the garage after reading your thread and checked the stem from my build. It doesn't match, it's an old Wald stem. D'oh.

Nice frame jig!
This is going to be gendre change.
Are you sure it shouldn't be called Trannidad? :mrgreen:

Wide/smooth center section Spitfire handlebars ready to weld.

Got the cross brace handlebars welded up tonight need to make the cross brace now.

Re: Trinidad Colorado Bike Handlebars done

Made the old school cross bar tonight after doing some work on the house.Used 1/2"x 1/16 " wall steel tube from Menards

Re: Trinidad Colorado Bike Handlebars done

Did some bending this morning. small tubes for seat support, short slit tubes to reinforce inside of fork end.
top tube well top tube hope to do some notching and fitting today or tommorow . The seat was from Markm
not using hairpin frame going to cut a pan and use motorcycle coil seat springs.

Re: Trinidad Colorado Bike It's A Boy !

Mitered up the tubes after work take a little paint off and I'l be ready to weld.

Latest posts

Back