Trek 8700 Goodwill Find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who drops this off at Goodwill?
DSC05098.JPG

Oh well, I got to steal it for $99. I really didn't want to drop a hundred bucks at G-dub, but I really didn't have a choice! Now I got to decide whether to sell my cheap MTBs and keep the Trek or turn a quick profit on the Trek...?

Re: Treck 8700 Goodwill Find

Jesserd said:
Who drops this off at Goodwill?
Oh well, I got to steal it for $99. I really didn't want to drop a hundred bucks at G-dub, but I really didn't have a choice! Now I got to decide whether to sell my cheap MTBs and keep the Trek or turn a quick profit on the Trek...?

That's an older Trek, but it will outperform your cheaper MTBs, I loved my old Trek 7000, such a responsive bike. Your frame looks kind of tall... are you?

jeez that reminds me of my first bike i got when i moved here to seattle.someone picthed a in like new condition Trek 950 singtrack by the dumpster with a free sign on it. all that was wrong was a flat rear tire and it did need to be serviced. Ive since rebuilt it with more modern parts and is now my dedicaded trail bike, wouldnt ever give it to goodwill or leave it by a dumpster!

Well done. A used, high quality hard tail like that Trek is much more fun to ride than a new, cheapie, full suspension bike.

I want my old Trek, even though I bought it for $5 and fixed it up (Mainly added a zip tie spacer in the back gears).

Yours is a lot nicer than mine was.

Latest posts

Back