Trains

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
A little art deco inspiration to get the morning going . This is from the 1939 Worlds fair .

main_900.jpg

During that period, even home appliances had aero styling. Good ole days.

During that period, even home appliances had aero styling. Good ole days.
Tools too, this is a few examples of different compressors. Even though the style was super clean, looks great when ratty!
152d2d191295e4289a2c3c6a87f086ac.jpg
2 for blog post.jpg
vintage-air-compressor-sprayit-co_1_47b4de7a4b18214244846c3753f0fce2.jpg

I love streamliners. I think the NYC Empire State Express is the best one.
empire state.jpg

Two toned paint scheme, silver and black, with some disc wheels and a bit of corrugated steel and a guy could probably do a pretty cool tribute bike... I picked up a pair of red NYC oval placards like the one on the front of the engine above, they're maybe 4 inches across, with the idea of doing a tribute bike at some point. Just gotta find the right bike...

Carl.

I wonder if those are coal fired or oil. :39:
Depends on the road and where they traveled. Most roads from the east burned coal mined from the Appalachian Mts. Roads out west like Sante Fe burned oil from the southwest oilfield refineries.

GC.

I love streamliners. I think the NYC Empire State Express is the best one.View attachment 113963
Two toned paint scheme, silver and black, with some disc wheels and a bit of corrugated steel and a guy could probably do a pretty cool tribute bike... I picked up a pair of red NYC oval placards like the one on the front of the engine above, they're maybe 4 inches across, with the idea of doing a tribute bike at some point. Just gotta find the right bike...

Carl.
All that corrugated metal reminds me of an A-Team vehicle build! LOL

I like all streamliners, but the N&W J class is my favorite.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Love these trains! Streamline Moderne (late Art Deco) with its optimism, dynamism, and simple lines is my absolute favorite design movement. Just another thing the war largely killed off.

Latest posts

Back