Top Speed on a Beast

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I proclaim myself to be the world record holder for the top speed on level ground while riding a Beast. 25.3 mph, verified by military satellites. So there.

I guess those "military satellite photos" are classified.

If it were a stock Beast, with 36 front, 18 rear sprockets, you would have been turning the cranks at about 90 rpm at that speed. Someone can research that, (the tires are 33 inches tall I think). I'm pretty sure I'm close with that rpm. Taking into account the weight (48lbs) and rolling resistance of the stock tires, and assuming it was smooth flat pavement the whole way, you would have been producing more than 1 horsepower to do 25.3 mph. That's just a guess. They have a GPS mount you can get for your bike, a photo would be great.

we all come from different backgrounds. y'all can bend tubing and weld, and grow good moustaches like i wish i could. i can spin the cranks.

how about this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/21374486@N02/8759118215/

yes, my beast is dead stock, from the crossthreaded BB to the original air in the tires. it seemed like a little more than 90 rpm, but it's hard to say. i bet i can put out 750 watts in a sprint, so all your calculations are working.

Ok then!

Just think, you would have had the world's record skidmark if you had locked em' up! Blue smoke and everything.

Bill in Houston said:
we all come from different backgrounds. y'all can bend tubing and weld, and grow good moustaches like i wish i could. i can spin the cranks.
If the figures were correct that got posted something is wrong!!!! 90rpms is alot! Over or at 1 horse power is more than humanly possible, we lack the bone structure for so much muscle mass.
I believe you did it!
I also believe the gearing is higher than posted!
I also believe you were towed to speed.

Those were just my guesstimates, I was hoping we had a math wizard to figure it out. With those sprockets teeth number and tire height, that's all that's need to figure it out. Somehow.

Maybe there was a tailwind too?

Uncle Stretch said:
Ok today I drove through Houston , and didn't see anybody going real fast on a Beast.
Must have missed it. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Well, it was for a very short burst. :D give me some warning next time and I will recreate it. ;)

Latest posts

Back