Tires

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on th ebike and age - a lot more originaly came with treaded 'Tractor grip' or similar tread tires, than slicks, although the slick is often preferred for the look :) .
As long as it looks good, and big n littles, I just build em , lol.

anyone know of any 24''x3'' oldschool flat rolling suface tires?
somthing looking like this
Firestone_Dragster.jpg

Jerald Slick does a 24". It's 2.125, but FAT
but the contact patch looks more like 2" than 3 , correct me if iam wrong ... if i understand , there is trully no fatter option in this style of tires :oops: bummer

Jerald Slick does a 24". It's 2.125, but FAT
heya crash do you know if jerald is doing anymore 26 inch slicks i have a bike that they would look good on in fact did they ever make a 26 inch slick im not sure but the street slicks i have are no good the minute i hit loose dirt i feel like i am ice skating with bowling shoes ( figuratively speaking lol)

The trikes in this build-off have got me to thinking, what if you put drift trike wheels on the back? Some fancy gearing would be needed to get the wheel speed up, but that might be worth it to do burn outs and doughnuts! :rockout::rockout::rockout:
alexgoon1.jpg

The trikes in this build-off have got me to thinking, what if you put drift trike wheels on the back? Some fancy gearing would be needed to get the wheel speed up, but that might be worth it to do burn outs and doughnuts! :rockout::rockout::rockout:
alexgoon1.jpg
i did it few years ago ,its awesome , always wanted to start a new sport (real drift trike) i have the v2 planned up with upgrated geometry , might actually be my next build

it needs to be very sturdy yet very light , and don't ask about how i did the drift tire , secret, sorry

Last edited:
Anyone have an idea what the run numbers were with the 346 tires volume wise? Anyone know a way to find out...
Wonder if tooling up for oversized oldschool wall styled slick is reasonable vs market.

Anyone have an idea what the run numbers were with the 346 tires volume wise? Anyone know a way to find out...
Wonder if tooling up for oversized oldschool wall styled slick is reasonable vs market.
:13: iam pretty sure that if they look right and sell for reasonably cheap lots of people would buy them , i know basic machined mold for mini skis are in the 5grands , i can imagine injection mold costing alot more , but what do i know.. after all if its slick and round , should not be that hard to machine , just takes huge round chunks of metal

The tooling is the easy part for me it's considering the production run cost to get jobbed. I was asking because those were not made inhouse was wondering what numbers would take to approach the project realistically. I'm sure for 2.75+up vintage looking slicks would so well juat clueless as what a run would cost.

The tooling is the easy part for me it's considering the production run cost to get jobbed. I was asking because those were not made inhouse was wondering what numbers would take to approach the project realistically. I'm sure for 2.75+up vintage looking slicks would so well juat clueless as what a run would cost.
making the mold in house is a great idea if possible ,but making a good rubber compound and having a injection moulding machine , i would leave it to a well established companie .. idk about numbers sry

Latest posts

Back